2016 Presenter Guidelines
All presenters for the 2016 Rocket Pitch must meet the following in order to participate:
- All students matriculating at Babson, Olin Engineering, Wellesley College, and Babson alumni, are eligible to participate in the 2016 Rocket Pitch.
- Individual students or groups are eligible to submit their application to the 2016 Rocket Pitch. The lead entrepreneur of any group must be matriculating at Babson, Olin Engineering, Wellesley College, or is a Babson alumnus, although team members may come from other area schools.
- All applicants must be available to present their Rocket Pitch on Babson's campus on Thursday, November 3, 2016. Presentations are a maximum of 3 minutes.
- 2016 Rocket Pitch applicants must complete the following by Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 12pm noon EST:
- Rocket Pitch must be submitted through the Blank Center application site. A confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org must be received in order for the application to be considered for the 2016 Rocket Pitch.
- A signed Audiotape, Videotape, Web and Photograph Release Form to express the right to video tape the participant's final presentation on November 3 and to allow Babson College the right to use the business presentation within the College for faculty, staff, students, and to be part of the archives at Babson. Download the Audiotape, Videotape, Web and Photograph Release Form now >>
Original form must be returned to Antonette Ho, Babson College, Blank Center, Babson Park, MA 02457 or faxed to 781-239-4178. Email copies (unless scanned with original signature) cannot be accepted.
- If an applicant(s) would like to present but does not meet the submission date deadline, they may apply to the Rocket Pitch waiting list. Last day to apply is Friday, October 21 by 12pm EST.
- If an applicant(s) fails to submit their Rocket Pitch through the Blank Center application site or fails to submit the audio video release form by the date listed above, the event organizers have the right to withdraw or waitlist the applicant from participating in the 2016 Rocket Pitch.
- All participants that are selected to participate must submit their PowerPoint presentations to email@example.com by Friday, October 28 at 12pm noon EST. PowerPoint presentations are 3 slides maximum (including title slide). File must be in PowerPoint format or PDF. Keynote and Prezi are not accepted.
- All applicant(s) must agree that the materials they are submitting are their original work. The applicant(s) will retain all rights to the materials regarding their use at all times prior to and following the event.
- By applying to participate in the 2016 Rocket Pitch, applicant(s) give the event organizers the right to post the application details on the event website, http://www.babson.edu/rocketpitch in the Rocket Pitch Profiles Booklet.
- Updated information on the 2016 Rocket Pitch application will not be accepted.
- Tuesday, October 11 - submit application by 12pm noon EST
- Tuesday, October 11 - audio video release forms due at 12pm EST
- Friday, October 14 - application notification
- Friday, October 21 - last day to apply for waiting list at 12pm noon EST
- Week of October 24: Pitching In the Bullpen (Rocket Pitch Practice Sessions - more details to come)
- Friday, October 28 - PowerPoint slides due at 12pm
- Thursday, November 3 - Rocket Pitch Event
Resources Available to Presenters:
- Rocket Pitch Practice and Pitching in the Bullpen: Hosted by the Blank Center and the Babson Entrepreneurship Club, presenters can get feedback on their presentation skills and content of slides by staff, faculty volunteers and representatives from sponsors. Rocket Pitch practice sessions will be scheduled the week of October 24. More information will be sent via email to those presenting.
- Online Presentation that describes and gives examples of Babson Rocket Pitches.
- Want to see recordings from past Rocket Pitch events? Horn Library has copies at their information desk.
- Online recordings from past Rocket Pitch events can be accessed here >>
- Babson Speech Resource Center (One-on-One sessions to create and deliver a compelling, powerful pitch).
- Further details on what to expect on the day will be sent to the primary contact.