Language Placement Test
If you have previously studied a language and would like to continue at Babson, you will need to take a language placement test prior to entering a course. For French and Spanish, this is an on-line, timed test. This test can be taken from your home computer.
You are bound by the honor code in taking this test. The Director of Languages and Global Cultures or another professor will contact you by email promptly following the test to inform you of your placement. The Director will also contact the Registrar with the appropriate waiver. The link to the test can be found here along with instructions.
Take the Language Placement Exam
- Go to http://edu.babson.edu/classes/langplacement/
- Select Register as a student in this class found on the right hand side of the page
- Enter required information:
- use your Babson username as the login
- for the Student ID, type 123456
Note: if you need to use a different username and password REMEMBER what you enter as you will be asked to log in with this username and password one more time
- Select OK
- Select Yes
- Once back at the EDU class site, select the appropriate language placement exam
- Select GO
- Login with the username used above and type in your password. Once you select Enter the assessment will begin.
- The first question will appear. Select your answer and then click NEXT.
- When you have answered all the questions, select GRADE.
- At this point a list of unanswered questions will appear. Select a link to access any questions.
- Once you have answered all the questions, select GRADE again.
You will be notified by email of your course placement.