Corporate Finance Concentration
The Corporate Finance Concentration requires a minimum of 12 credits beyond the completion of the core (FIN7000 or MBA8510 or completion of the One-year/Two-year Modules). It has four requirements as summarized below.
- FIN7502 Capital Markets (3 credits)
Choose one of the following:
- FIN7511 Corporate Finance 1: Raising Capital (3 credits)
- FIN7516 Corporate Finance 2: Evaluating Opportunities (3 credits)
Choose one additional course from above OR one of the following:
- FIN7573 Investment Banking (3 credits)
- FIN7525 Finance for New Ventures (3 credits)
Choose one additional course from above OR at least three credits from below.
- FIN7503 Equities (3 credits)
- FIN7504 Risk Management (3 credits)
- FIN7508 Financial Services and Institutions (3 credits)
- FIN7509 International Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7513 Fixed Income (3 credits)
- FIN7517 Financing and Valuing Sustainability (3 credits)
- FIN7518 Managing Portfolios (3 credits)
- FIN7519 Personal Financial Management (3 credits)
- FIN7565 Real Estate Fundamentals (1.5 credits)
- FIN7570 Real Estate Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7572 Babson College Fund (6 credits, by invitation only)
- FIN7578 Real Estate Development (1.5 credits)
- MFE7500 MCFE in Investments or Finance (3 credits)1
1 Requires approval of Finance Concentration Coordinator or Finance Division Chair to count toward concentration.
In addition to the courses listed above, we recommend that finance concentrators supplement their Finance coursework with relevant courses from other disciplines. These classes will not count toward the concentration but will provide valuable perspective and/or complementary skills. Some great choices include the following:
- ACC7500 Financial Reporting and Statement Analysis
- ACC7540 Measuring and Managing Strategic Results
- ECN7520 Economic and Financial Forecasting
- QTM7575 Financial Modeling
For more information on concentration requirements, including eligibility and the concentration declaration procedure, please see the Graduate Curriculum page.