The Investments Concentration requires a minimum of 12 credits beyond the completion of the core (FIN7000 or MBA8510 or completion of the One-year/Two-year Modules). It has four requirements as summarized below.
- FIN7502 Capital Markets (3 credits)
Choose one of the following:
- FIN7503 Equities (3 credits)
- FIN7513 Fixed Income (3 credits)
Choose one additional course from above OR one of the following:
- FIN7518 Managing Portfolios (3 credits)
- FIN7572 Babson College Fund (6 credits by invitation only)
Choose one additional course from above OR at least three credits from below.
- FIN7504 Risk Management (3 credits)
- FIN7508 Financial Services and Institutions (3 credits)
- FIN7509 International Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7511 Corporate Finance I: Raising Capital (3 credits)
- FIN7516 Corporate Finance II: Evaluating Opportunities (3 credits)
- FIN7517 Financing and Valuing Sustainability (3 credits)
- FIN7519 Personal Financial Management (3 credits)
- FIN7525 Finance for New Ventures (3 credits)
- FIN7565 Real Estate Fundamentals (1.5 credits)
- FIN7570 Real Estate Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7573 Investment Banking and Financial Advisory (3 credits)
- FIN7578 Real Estate Development (1.5 credits)
- MFE7500 MCFE in Investments or Finance (3 credits)3
1 Babson College Fund participants are required to take FIN7503.
2 Not applicable for Babson College Fund students because these students satisfy the 12-credit hour concentration requirement with Requirements 1 through 3.
3 Requires approval of Finance Concentration Coordinator or Finance Division Chair to count toward concentration.
For more information on concentration requirements, including eligibility and the concentration declaration procedure, please see the Graduate Curriculum page.