Investments: Recommended Track for Finance Concentrators
The recommended track for students concentrating in Finance who are interested in a career in Investments requires a minimum of 12 credits beyond the completion of the core (FIN7200). For these students we strongly suggest a course path following the four recommendations as summarized below.
- FIN7502 Capital Markets (3 credits)
Choose one of the following:
- FIN7503 Equities (3 credits)
- FIN7513 Fixed Income (3 credits)
Choose one additional course from above OR one of the following:
- FIN7518 Managing Portfolios (3 credits)
- FIN7572 Babson College Fund (6 credits students must apply)
Choose one additional course from above OR at least three credits from below.
- FIN7504 Risk Management (3 credits)
- FIN7508 Financial Services and Institutions (3 credits)
- FIN7509 International Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7511 Corporate Finance : Raising Capital (3 credits)
- FIN7516 Corporate Finance : Evaluating Opportunities (3 credits)
- FIN7517 Financing and Valuing Sustainability (3 credits)
- FIN7519 Personal Financial Management (3 credits)
- FIN7525 Finance for New Ventures (3 credits)
- FIN7545 Financial Trading Strategies (3 credits)
- FIN7565 Real Estate Fundamentals (1.5 credits)
- FIN7570 Real Estate Finance (1.5 credits)
- FIN7573 Investment Banking and Financial Advisory (3 credits)
- FIN7578 Real Estate Development (1.5 credits)
1 Babson College Fund participants are required to take FIN7503.
2 Not applicable for Babson College Fund students because these students satisfy the 12-credit hour concentration requirement from group 1 through 3.
For more information on concentration requirements, including eligibility and the concentration declaration procedure, please see the Graduate Curriculum page.