Babson Summer Venture
Participant and WIN Lab
member, Emily Lagasse M’15, was named the winner of the 2013 Female Entrepreneurship Challenge
. A part of the 7th Annual Women’s Business Leaders Conference
, the business plan competition aims to propel female entrepreneurs in the Boston area. The winning business FedWell
is a preservative-free brand of dog food that promises quality recognizable ingredients such as kale, lamb, and apple, offering a holistic and healthy option for dogs.
The 2013 Female Entrepreneurship Challenge was an eight week business plan competition co-hosted by Care.com, CWE, and Magic 106.7. As the winner of the Female Entrepreneurship Challenge Lagasse will receive:
- $10,000 in cash to put towards her venture
- Office space for up to four team members at Care.com for six months to incubate her venture
- Access to the Care.com management to team to help with strategy and vision
- Introductions to other Care.com advisers such as legal counsel and accounting firms
- Three complimentary one-hour consulting sessions through CWE in Boston for expert advice on a variety of business issues including legal, accounting, marketing and strategy
- Three complimentary “ Build-Your-Business” workshops offered at CWE in Boston to help grow her business
- $10,000 in legal services from Latham & Watkins LLP
The heavily processed and synthesized dog food in the current marketplace caused Lagasse’s dog a near-death experience and lead to the creation of FedWell. Operating under the belief that good food is the best medicine, even for dogs, FedWell is currently in pre-production for the company’s first batch of kibble.
To find out more about FedWell visit Facebook or sign up for more information at: http://signup.fedwell.com/
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
By Hilary Katulak; firstname.lastname@example.org
; 781-239-4623 |
10/4/2013 9:00 AM