From a patent holding inventor to a shoe designer whose shoes are worn by Lady Gaga, Babson College’s 11th annual Babson Entrepreneurship Forum will celebrate entrepreneurs of all kinds on November 9th.
Registration begins at 7 a.m. in the Sorenson Theater. Panel discussions will take place from 8 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. followed by a networking reception.
All panel discussions will take place at the Babson College campus in Wellesley, MA.
The event features three tracks: People, Trends, and Skills. Each track explores entrepreneurship through a different lens. Topics range from exploring entrepreneurial ecosystems, current trends in the music industry, to ideation and design thinking.
Track One: The People track is designed to expose attendees to the inspiring and remarkable stories of our select group of entrepreneurs.
• Lakshmi Blachandra (Moderator) Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship at Babson College
• Bala Iyer (Moderator) : Professor of Information Technology Management
• Len Schlesinger (Moderator): President, Babson College
• Sharon Kan: Cofounder & CEO, Tikatok
• Natalia Oberti Noguera: Founder & CEO, Pipeline Fellowship
• Ruthie Davis: Owner, RADesign, Inc./ RUTHIE DAVIS
• Keya Dannenbaum: CEO & Founder, ElectNext
• Abby Fichtner: The Hacker Chick Blog
• Seth Priebatsch: Chief Ninja, SCVNGR & LevelUp
• Jonathan Feinman: Executive Director & Founder, InnerCity Weightlifting
• Vicky Wu Davis: Executive Director & Founder, Youth CITIES
• Kavita Shukla: Inventor & Founder, Fenugreen
Track Two: The Trends Track will allow attendees to get a snapshot of the reality of entrepreneurship and innovation at an international and industry level.
• Dave Kusek (Moderator): Managing Partner, Digital Cowboys
• Donna Kelly (Moderator): Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Babson College
• Daniel Isenberg (Moderator) : Professor of Entrepreneurship Practice, Babson Global
• Amber Rubarth: Acclaimed Songwriter and Music Artist
• Mark Kates: Founder, Fenway Recordings
• Brian Jonas: Agent, High Road Touring
• Jacqui Kew: University of Cape Town, South Africa
• Silvia de Carbonell: IAE Business School
• Slativa Singer: J.J. Strossmayer University, Croatia
• Sam Hammar: Executive Director, The Capital Network
• Shelly Porges: Senior Advisor, Global Entrepreneurship Program at U.S. Department of State
• Ray Leach: CEO, Jumpstart
• Fernando Fabre: President, Endeavor Global
• Eduardo Salazar Yusti: Managing Director, Yuma
Track Three: The Skills Track will allow attendees to learn by applying concepts to their current companies or projects.
• Ela Ben-Ur: Innovation Coach, i2i experience
• Amanda Igesias: Product Manager, Hubspot
• Bob Davis: Managing General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
• Katie Rae: Managing Director, TechStars Boston
• Frans Johansson: CEO, The Medici Group, Author of The Click Movement
• Jonathan Bush: CEO & Co-Founder anthenahealth, Inc
This daylong experience is Babson College’s flagship student-led event, and pulls in hundreds of business professionals, students, entrepreneurs and interested neighbors. To purchase tickets, view the complete schedule, and find more information, please go to www.babsonforum.com/2012 or visit Twitter @BabsonForum or Facebook.
About Babson College:
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit Babson.com