Among the top 10 winners of The 2012 Small Business Book Awards is Export Now: Five Keys to Entering New Markets (Wiley, September 2011), co-authored by Babson Management Lecturer Peter Cohan and Frank Lavin.
The Small Business Book Awards recognize business books published in 2011 that are of interest to small business owners, managers and entrepreneurs.
Cohan teaches strategy to undergraduate and MBA students at Babson including Strategic Problem Solving, Strategic Decision Making, and Competitive Environment & Strategy. Cohan developed and led Babson’s MBA offshore elective, Hong Kong Singapore Start-up Strategy, and he teaches the Entrepreneurship Capstone at neighboring Olin College of Engineering.
In 1994, Cohan started Peter S. Cohan & Associates, a management consulting and venture capital firm. His management consulting unit helps managers with strategy, best practices, operational improvement, and litigation support. Since 1981, Cohan has completed over 100 consulting projects.
Cohan has authored ten books and contributed to six management compendiums. His eleventh book will be published in November: Hungry Start-up Strategy: Creating New Ventures with Limited Resources and Unlimited Vision
. Cohan’s books include:
• Capital Rising: How Capital Flows Are Changing Business Systems All Over the World (Palgrave-Macmillan, June 2010) co-authored with U. Srinivasa Rangan
• You Can’t Order Change: Lessons from Jim McNerney's Turnaround at Boeing (Portfolio, 2009)
• Value Leadership: The Seven Principles That Drive Corporate Value in Any Economy (Jossey-Bass, 2003)
• e-Stocks: Finding the Hidden Blue Chips Among the Internet Impostors (HarperBusiness, 2001)
• e-Profit: High Payoff Strategies for Capturing the E-Commerce Edge (AMACOM, 2000)
• Net Profit: How to Invest and Compete in the Real World of Internet Business (Jossey-Bass, 1999)
• The Technology Leaders: How America's Most Profitable High Tech Companies Innovate Their Way to Success (Jossey-Bass, 1997).
The 2012 Small Business Book Awards top ten list
• Problogging Action Plan, by Jane Sheeba
• Accelerate!, by Arnie Kuenn
• Export Now, by Frank Lavin and Peter Cohan
• MBA Preferred, by Jeretta Horn Nord and Lawrence A. Crosby
• Paper Flow, by MaryAnne Bennie and Brigitte Hinneberg
• Managing With a Conscience (2nd Edition), by Frank Sonnenberg
• Big Wave Surfing, by Kenneth J. Thurber
• The Botty Rules, by Nigel Botterill
• The Lemonade Stand, by Nick Gustavsson and Ara Bagdasarian
• Appetite for Acquisition, by Eric Gagnon and Robin Gagnon
The Small Business Book Awards
, now in their fourth year, enable the small business community to nominate, show their support for, and vote on their favorite business books. The top 10 winners and 30 category winners were selected by readers based on number of votes as the Best Small Business Books of 2012. Nominations opened in January 2012, and voting was held February 1 through February 16, 2012. Over 54,000 votes were cast by the community in 2012.
The Small Business Book Awards initiative is produced by Small Business Trends, an award-winning online publication, which along with its sister sites, serves over 4,000,000 small business owners, stakeholders and entrepreneurs annually.
By Nancy Sullivan, 781-239-4623, firstname.lastname@example.org
3/15/2012 10:00 AM