Seven entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in hatcheries at Babson's Wellesley campus
Select Babson College ventures are receiving support this summer in Undergraduate and MBA Hatcheries on campus.
As part of the John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, the undergraduate and graduate Hatcheries offer a vibrant atmosphere for sharing ideas and information among student teams, faculty, executives-in-residence and visiting entrepreneurs.
The Hatcheries function like incubators where student entrepreneurs have access to professional and semiprivate workspace to grow their businesses. Student businesses are selected after an extensive application process. Each term, a team is awarded space in the Hatcheries.
There is no cost to participate in the Hatcheries but all student businesses are invited to contribute a percentage of their equity position to Babson through our Founder's Fund.
This Fund was created by alumni as a "venture capital fund" used to support Babson's mission of providing entrepreneurial education.
Summer 2014 Hatchery Businesses
- DARTdrones (Abby Speicher M'15) - DARTdrones provides the highest quality training, certification, and continued support for the drone pilots of fire and police stations.
- Date My Wardrobe (Izi Aviyente M'15) - Date My Wardrobe is a fashionable marketplace that allows women to rent high-end wardrobe items from other fashionistas in their city.
- GivItForward LLC (Cody Gordh M'14) - GivItForward LLC allows people to create chains of giving with their friends and family, while giving back to those who are less fortunate.
- SubSea Energy North America (Hans Olson M'14) - Subsea Energy North America develops hydrokinetic technologies that harness power from ocean and river currents on an environmentally responsible basis.
- Instabuy (Christos Katsouris '14) - Instabuy is an app that allows consumer to make purchases directly at any store by scanning the item's barcode.
- Social Conch (Ronald Diep '14) - Social Conch provides nonprofits with an efficient human resources management system and their volunteers and donors with greater clarity, choice, and certification of deeds achieved.
- ThinkBoard (Hanson Grant '16) - ThinkBoard is a unique clear adhesive that turns any wall, desk, door or other smooth surface into a dry-erase whiteboard.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™
. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®
as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
By Lindsey Cunningham, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 781-239-4548 |
6/26/2014 3:55 PM