Leading student entrepreneurs will present their businesses to venture capitalists, angel investors, friends, and family members during the Babson Summer Venture Program Showcase on July 25 from 1-5 p.m. at Babson’s Olin Auditorium.
A 10-week intensive experience designed to accelerate the development of student entrepreneurs and their ventures, The Summer Venture Program supports the most promising MBA and undergraduate entrepreneurs from Babson College.
The program offers one of the foremost collegiate programs in the country that supports startups by providing students with quality resources to develop their business ideas from start to finish. The program concludes with a showcase, a culmination of the students’ hard work and an opportunity for participants to present their accomplishments.
Registration for the event begins at 1 p.m. and the student presentations begin at 2 p.m. A networking reception will follow the presentations. To register or find out more information, please visit http://babsonsvp.eventbrite.com/ and follow the #babsonsvp hashtag on Twitter.
Full List of 2013 Summer Venture Participants:
AfterDark Technologies (Daniel Wilson M'13) - AfterDark Technologies Inc has created lighted, interactive gear that enables you to play Ultimate at night, on an unlit field. AfterDark's fiber optic lighted jerseys, LED field Markers, and LED Smart Discs will change the way you play.
) (Rolando Chinchilla '15)
- Artblix is connecting local artists and artisans to the global market. Artblix helps local artists and artisans sell their handmade goods online by providing the platform and a qualified team to help and support them. Artblix is starting in Guatemala and spreading the good vibe all around the world. Artblix believes it can change the lives of these undiscovered artists and artisans, and bring customers handmade products with authentic cultural backgrounds that they weren't able to find before.
DealTas (Yaniv Koter M'13)
- DealTas provides a better way for international consumers to shop online in the U.S. through a variety of value added service such as US address, consolidation of orders and customs advice. Currently focusing on the Israeli market, DealTas provides the most intimate customer service in the market and a variety of international shipping services for local businesses in Boston.
The Dominican Block (Chet Clem M'13)
- The Dominican Block is a historic landmark building that is being redeveloped in downtown Lewiston, Maine.
FedWell (Emily Lagasse M'16)
- FedWell Pet Foods is a unique and exciting pet food line that is made of high-quality, human-grade ingredients (including sprouted seeds!) and baked at low temperatures to retain nutrition.
FourthWheel Coffee (Hans Homberger M'14)
- FourthWheel Coffee provides fresh roasted and an eco-friendly coffee delivery service in the U.S.
) (Eric Sedransk M'14 and Kevin Connors M'14)
- Guest Listers is improving the Boston nightlife scene by providing access to the guest list at premier bars and clubs throughout the city.
Industry A (Prateek Sood M'14) - “Industry A” was established in late 2011 as a manufacturing unit for economical fitness equipment. The first product is a patented one motion abdominal exerciser marketed under the name “PureAbs.” Industry A is also working on designs on a new abdominal exercise in addition to a service monitoring device for treadmills.
Mangico (Mariana Robina M'13 and Alonso Hidalgo M'13)
- Premium mango liqueur crafted from a secret family recipe dating back more than 50 years. Mangico was born of Mariana and Alonso's desire to find a creative solution to use rescued mangos from Mexican farms to produce a high quality product.
) (Andrew Lee M'13 and Andrew Krebs-Smith M'13) -
ReceptionIt makes it easy for people planning events to instantly find, compare, and book unique event places.
ReDesign (Alexander Huang '15) - ReDesIgn focuses on providing ergonomic and intuitive product innovations to underdeveloped sectors in the home and garden industry.
) (Jon Morgan M'14, Michael Audi and Stephen Hansen)
- Si devices monitors, manages, and optimizes your energy consumption, cutting costs and maximizing profits.
) (Niket Anjaria M'13)
- Snapparent is the next step in online parent groups. Snapparent allows you to easily connect with other parents in your town and exchange advice, recommendations, buy and sell things and find fun events.
) (James He M'14)
- Superego Clothiers is the premier social marketplace for sustainable lifestyle products and exclusive streetwear items that are cut from a different cloth.
For more information about the Summer Venture Program Showcase, please contact Antonette Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Summer Venture Program
The Summer Venture Program supports the most promising MBA and undergraduate entrepreneurs from Babson, Olin Engineering and Wellesley Colleges. Up to 15 teams are chosen to participate in the program each summer. Teams receive housing, work space, mentors, a speaker series, and other resources to help them and their businesses develop throughout the 10 weeks.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu.
By Hilary Katulak; email@example.com
; 781-239-4623 |
7/18/2013 2:00 PM