International Faculty Development Seminars
Through the Glavin Office’s education abroad organizational partnerships, Babson faculty may take advantage of International Faculty Development Seminars around the world. When attending an international seminar, faculty will:
- Attend lectures by faculty and experts from prestigious institutions
- Visit fascinating locations linked to academic content
- Share ideas and shape conclusions on subjects uniquely relevant to the world today
- Collaborate with local organizations and top institutions to test theoretical concepts and experience solutions to current challenges in action
- Participate in a workshop specially designed to help you to apply your experience on your campus
CIEE offers International Faculty Development Seminars (IFDS) during the Spring, Winter, and Summer terms. Example seminars include:
- Lessons from South Africa: Experiments in Urban Sustainability (South Africa)
- Best Practices for Creating Successful Faculty-led Programs (France)
- Communication Strategies in Context: Culture, Learning, and Community Engagement Through Digital Tools (Spain)
Since Babson is an IES Abroad Associate Member Institution, Babson faculty can participate in IES Abroad’s Faculty Development Seminars at a reduced cost. IES Abroad seminars are designed to bring together U.S. faculty, international faculty, and local experts for an intellectual exchange of ideas. From language pedagogy workshops to seminars that explore recent changes in the E.U., IES Abroad seminars explore a wide range of academic topics and attract many experts.
If you are interested in applying to an International Faculty Development Seminar through CIEE, IES Abroad or others, please email the Glavin Office for additional information.