It is the responsibility of the student to assemble a completed OPT application and to mail the application to USCIS in a timely manner.
Mail your complete OPT application to USCIS
Your application must be received by USCIS within 30 days of the OPT recommendation date. If you have not mailed your application within three weeks of the advisor's recommendation you should speak with an advisor. If you have entered a Massachusetts address on your Form I-765, send your application packet to one of the following addresses:
By U.S. Postal Service (USPS) with delivery confirmation:
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
By Express Mail or Courier Service (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.):
2501 S. State Hwy. 121
Business Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
After mailing your application, you will receive:
- E-mail and/or text message (if you submitted Form G-1145): Use the EAC Number on this notice to check the status of your application online.
- Notice of Action: Within 4 weeks, you should receive a Notice of Action, indicating that your application has been received by USCIS and is being processed. Provide the Glavin Office with a copy if you receive this notice directly. Use the EAC Number on this notice to check the status of your application online.
- Rejected Application (if applicable): Your application may be returned to you. Common reasons for this is the OPT was recommended more than 30 days from receipt and checks incorrectly issued. Contact an advisor before resubmitting your OPT application.
- Request for Evidence (if applicable): You may receive a notice indicating that additional documentation is required for your application. Contact an advisor for assistance should this occur. It may take 2-3 more months from the date USCIS receives the requested materials to approve your application.
- Employment Authorization Document (EAD): A separate Approval Notice will likely arrive a couple days ahead of the EAD. Inspect your EAD for accuracy and contact USCIS Customer Service at 800-375-5283 if there are errors. Make two photocopies of your EAD; send one to The Glavin Office and keep the other copy in a safe place.