CPT Application Process
1. Secure Academic Approval
2. Schedule an Appointment with an International Student Advisor (ISA)
DO NOT begin employment until you are authorized for CPT.
- Call the Glavin Office at (781) 239-4565 to schedule a 30-minute appointment with an ISA (one day in advance)
- Bring your signed CEL Enrollment Form or Internship Application Form
- Bring your I-94 (arrival/departure record), printed from www.cbp.gov/I94
- During this appointment, if everything is in order, you will be issued a new Form I-20 authorizing CPT.
After CPT Approval:
You may only work for the employer specified on your Form I-20 and within the date range specified.
If you do not already have a U.S. Social Security number (SSN), you may apply for one after receiving your CPT authorization but no sooner than 30 days prior to the CPT employment start date.
If you anticipate any change to your internship (different dates, different employer, etc.) you must first obtain written permission from the Babson office overseeing your internship: UGCCD (undergraduates) or OEL (graduate students). Then, you must obtain a new Form I-20 from the Glavin Office reflecting the changes and/or extension of CPT authorization.
Failure to do so may be a violation of your status.