CPT Application Process

1. Secure Academic Approval 

2. Schedule an Appointment with an International Student Advisor (ISA)

    • Call the Glavin Office at (781) 239-4565 to schedule a 30-minute appointment with an ISA (one day in advance)
    • Bring your signed CEL Enrollment Form or Internship Application Form 
    • Bring your I-94 (arrival/departure record), printed from www.cbp.gov/I94
    • During this appointment, if everything is in order, you will be issued a new Form I-20 authorizing CPT. 
​    DO NOT begin employment until you are authorized for CPT.


After CPT Approval: 

You may only work for the employer specified on your Form I-20 and within the date range specified. 

If you do not already have a U.S. Social Security number (SSN), you may apply for one after receiving your CPT authorization but no sooner than 30 days prior to the CPT employment start date. ​

Internship Changes  ​

If you anticipate any change to your internship​ (different dates, different employer, etc.) you must first obtain written permission from the Babson office overseeing your internship: UGCCD (undergraduates) or OEL (graduate students). Then, you must obtain a new Form I-20 from the Glavin Office reflecting the changes and/or extension of CPT authorization.

Failure to do so may be a violation of your status.