International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
ISSS Mission Statement:
As a central resource for international students and scholars, we: advise individuals and the institution on F & J immigration regulations; provide support during the U.S. academic, social, and cultural adjustment process; and facilitate intercultural learning across campus.
We focus on:
- Immigration: Visa process and rules for maintaining lawful student/scholar status in the U.S.
- Employment: Securing required authorization for on-campus work and off-campus training
- Living in U.S.: Social Security number, driver’s license, taxes, family resources
- Academic/Social Adjustment: Transition to life at Babson College and in the U.S.
- Cross-Cultural Awareness: Trainings and programs to help others develop a global mindset
- Cultural Student Groups: Supporting events and efforts to educate the Babson community
Consult with an ISSS advisor during the following times. Meet the staff in ISSS »
Walk-In Advising (no appointment needed)
Glavin Office (Hollister 220)
Mondays/Wednesdays: 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Tuesdays/Thursdays: 10 a.m.-Noon and 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Olin Hall Cafe (co-advising with graduate CCD)
Wednesdays: 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment with an advisor at least one day in advance.