Visiting Scholars

Babson College hosts several international visiting scholars each year in J-1 exchange visitor status, a non-immigrant classification utilized by visitors who will teach or perform research while a member of the Babson community.

The Exchange Visitor Program promotes mutual understanding between the people of the United States (U.S.) and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges, under the provisions of U.S. law. Exchange Programs provide an extremely valuable opportunity to experience the U.S. and our way of life, thereby developing lasting and meaningful relationships.

Other Scholar Statuses

The information on these pages is relevant only to visiting scholars who wish to join Babson in J-1 Researcher, J-1 Professor or J-1 Short-Term Scholar Immigration Status. Information about other employment immigration statuses such as H1-B, TN, and Visitor for Business (B-1/VWB) is available upon request.