Strengthening Family Enterprises
Babson will help family enterprises survive and thrive from generation to generation, ensuring more jobs and opportunities are created globally.
- Strengthening family businesses was the core of Babson’s founding mission in 1919.
- Today, a significant number of Babson undergraduates—and the majority of our international students—come from a family business.
- Babson is a founding member of STEP, a global applied-research project involving 100 researchers, 42 academic affiliates in 24 countries, and 120 cases.
- Babson is home to the Institute for Family Entrepreneurship, an opportunity to extend our expertise including a new Bertarelli Foundation Chair.
Why the World Needs Babson
- Family firms account for two-thirds of all businesses around the world.
- Only 30 percent of family businesses survive to the second generation.
- In the majority of countries worldwide, 50 to 80 percent of jobs are created by family businesses.
- For marginalized communities in particular, family businesses are the building blocks of community development.