Annual Babson Events
Babson has events going on every day of the week—many of them are open to the public. Here’s a snapshot of what has taken place the past year, and a few of the ways you can take advantage of having an internationally recognized institution in your backyard.
- Food Days, featuring Entrepreneurs in Residence Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods, and Gail Simmons of Top Chef, included interactive talks and a fair of locally sourced food. Visit www.foodsol.org for a recap of last year’s events and check back for 2014 events.
- Babson Entrepreneurship Forum, featuring more than 500 innovators, thought leaders, and visionaries, discussed opportunities to shape entrepreneurship around the world. Speakers included: Robin Chase, founder and former CEO of Buzzcar.com and Zipcar; Jenny Rushmore, director of responsible travel at TripAdvisor; and Caron Demars, leader of the global entrepreneurship program in the U.S. State Department-led Economic Bureau. Check out a recap of last year’s speakers and topics, and check back for the 2014 lineup.
- XSITE, The Xconomy Summit on Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship, featured such speakers as: Tom Leighton, CEO, Akamai; Meredith Flynn-Ripley, CEO, HeyWire; and Chris Boyce, CEO, Virgin HealthMiles. Visit www.xconomy.com/boston to learn more.
- Rocket Pitch allows student entrepreneurs from Babson, Olin, and Wellesley colleges to pitch their business ideas in three minutes. More than 500 investors, service providers, entrepreneurs, faculty, and students attended the fall 2013 event.
- B.E.T.A. (Babson Entrepreneurial Thought and Action) Challenge recognizes major milestones Babson businesses have achieved by taking action. Watch Babson entrepreneurs compete for prize money and services in kind to support their business development. Finalists make their presentations to a panel of judges that includes Babson alumni entrepreneurs and investors from the local area. This event occurs each year in April, and the public is invited.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) is celebrated each November with a series of events and activities that are part of thousands of events in more than 130 countries. The week celebrates innovation, entrepreneurship, and creativity, and brings together aspiring and inspiring entrepreneurs via local, national, and global activities.