Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation: Faculty Growth Program for Asia
The world is experiencing increased levels of change and growth across regions and industries, creating a VUCAH (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous, and Hyperconnected) environment that offers opportunities, disruption, and challenges. Consequently, this new world requires a different type of leader—the Entrepreneurial Leader. The Entrepreneurial Leader is someone who can navigate through uncertainty to create an innovative culture that advances organizations.
In Babson’s Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation Faculty Growth Program, faculty across disciplines will gain the confidence, expertise, and pedagogy to develop entrepreneurial leaders who will drive growth through innovation. In this program, participants will:
- Gain Multi-Dexterous Expertise: Develop proficiency in the areas of entrepreneurial leadership, innovation, and digital transformation
- Evolve from a Teacher to an Academic Leader: Improve competence, confidence, and comfort to move from being a teacher to a facilitator of learning and a leader in academia
- Obtain Enhanced Curricula and Content-Delivery Methods: Create and integrate new content, courses, and programs around entrepreneurial leadership and innovation that can be taught at the MBA or executive level
- Enrich Their Academic Career: Craft and grow a professional and personal teaching career
- Develop a Network: Collaborate with faculty from prestigious institutions to leverage each other
What Your Faculty Will Learn
The Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation Faculty Growth Program consists of classroom learning, guest speakers, and company visits. The sessions consist of experiential exercises, case-based discussions, interactive lectures, group work, and peer-based learning. The curriculum will cover a range of topics that may include:
- Teacher as an Academic Leader
- MBA and Executive Education Curriculum Design
- Program Design for Participants Without a MBA or Formal Business Training
- Integrated Program Designs
- Integrating Faculty Research, Case/Practitioner Article Writing, Teaching and Consulting
- Challenges of Balancing Theoretical Research and Practitioner-Oriented Research
- Preparing Content for an Unprepared Audience
- Creating Action-Based Learning Tools
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The Dynamics of Innovation
- Digital Transformation
- Innovation Culture
- Innovation Projects and Processes
Additional information can be found in the Course Description »
Who Should Enroll
This program is for faculty from schools in Asia who want to grow from a teacher to a facilitator of learning, especially for people who teach or want to teach MBA students or executives. Faculty from a range of disciplines would benefit from this program, including business, engineering, and science. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
The program is offered on the Babson College campus in Wellesley, MA, USA, from June 23–July 3, 2019. The program fee is $9,800 (U.S. dollars) if faculty register by January 15, 2019, and $10,980 for those who register after January 15, 2019. The fee includes tuition, study materials, accommodations, and meals.
Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date, or upon receipt of the invoice if admission is within 30 days of the program start date. Cancellation policies are outlined in the information provided to applicants upon admission.
Completed application forms and dean recommendation forms must be submitted by May 1, 2019. It is expected that there might be more qualified applicants than spaces available, so early application is strongly recommended. Please note that applications are not considered complete until both the application form and the dean recommendation form are received.