Other Events and Resources
Find out about local healthcare and global health events here as well as additional resources that can help you further your understanding of Global Health.
Barriers to Healthcare Conference 2019
Feb 16 at Boston College
Barrier to Healthcare is a one day event hosted by the Boston College chapter of the national nonprofit organization GlobeMed. Academics, researchers, and professionals who work in areas of healthcare provide a detailed portrait of the challenges embedded in public health today.
Learn more and register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barriers-to-healthcare-conference-2019-tickets-55664242247
Virginia Global Surgery Symposium 2019
March 2, 2019 at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
Virginia Global Surgery Symposium co-hosted by the VCU School of Medicine and Department of Surgery and Global Surgery Student Alliance.
Learn more and register here: www.globalsurgerystudents.org/vgss-registration
Global Health & Innovation Conference 2019
April 13-14 at Yale University
The Global Health & Innovation Conference is presented annually by Unite For Sight, a nonprofit health delivery organization free of commercial interests. Join nearly 2,000 professionals and students to convene with leaders, change makers, and participants, from all sectors of global health.
Learn more and register here: http://www.uniteforsight.org/conference/
April 25-26 in Saxapahaw, North Carolina
Switchpoint focuses on unusual collaborations:
medical devices out of broken toys, 3D printings, drones to save lives, and
creating innovation hubs.
Learn more and RSVP at: https://www.intrahealth.org/events/switchpoint-2019
MIT Grand Hack 2019
May 3-5 at MIT Media Lab in Cambridge
Join one of the largest healthcare hackathons in the world to be surrounded by like-minded entrepreneurs, engineers, clinicians, designers, and developers.
Learn more at: http://grandhack.mit.edu/
- IntraHealth International: 10 Global Health Issues to Watch in 2019
- The Wall Street Journal Article by Bill Gates: The Best Investment I’ve Ever Made
Systems Approaches in Global Health
- World Health Organization: The WHO Health Systems Framework
- World Health Organization: WHO's Framework for action strengthening health systems
- The Economist Article: Universal health care, worldwide, is within reach
- Transforming Health Systems: the vital role of water, sanitation and hygiene
- Devex Article: Q&A Why UHC makes for a good investment
- Skoll Foundation Blog: How Collective Action Will Amplify Impact of Community Health Worker Models
- Tim Evans YouTube Video: The Health Workforce and Health Systems
- Devex Article: Lessons from Sri Lanka on malaria elimination
- YouTube Video: Celine Schillinger TEDx talk on powerful social networks that has led to collaborations and breakthroughs in the fight against dengue fever
- High Quality Health Systems Lancet Global Health Report
Global Health Financing
- World Health Organization: WHO estimates cost of reaching costs of reaching global health by 2030
- Institute for Health Metrics: Health Financing
- Global Health Council Blog: Innovative Financing Mechanisms for Global Health
Security and Global Health
Women in Global Health
Technology and Global Health
- Foreign Affairs Article: Blockchain and Global Health How the Technology Could Cut Wasted and Reduce Fraud
- HBR Article: The Potential for Blockchain to Transform Electronic Health Records
- The LANCET Global Health Blog: Can Blockchain disrupt health education, licensing and credentialling?
- Quartz Africa Article: The World's First Commercial Drone Delivery Service was Launched in Rwanda
Ethics in Global Health Procurement
Monitoring and Evaluation in Global Health
- The Lancet Commission Report: Measuring the health-related Sustainable Goals in 188 countries: a baseline analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015
- Social Progress Index
Impacts of Catastrophic Healthcare Expenditures
- NPR Article: Health Care Costs Push A Staggering Number Of People Into Extreme Poverty
- The Burden of Medical Debt: Results from the Kaiser Family Foundation/New York Times Medical Bills Survey
#LancetWomen Launch in London Video - Feb. 8, 2019
G4 Alliance Meeting: The Power of Surgical Care to Catalyse Universal Health Coverage - Dec. 15, 2017
World Institute for Healthcare Improvement (WIHI) Podcast Health Systems' Role in Veteran and Chronic Homelessness - Oct. 12, 2017
Boston Global Surgery Symposium Recording - Mar. 4, 2017
If you missed out on our offer to attend this event, you can watch the session recordings.
Future of Health in Southeast Asia Recording - Apr. 28, 2017
If you were unable to attend this event, you can access the event recording here.