Grad Impact Hour
Join The Lewis Institute for this Uncommon Table series catalyzing real and relevant conversations about issues influencing business and society.
Grad Impact Hours (previously called MBA Impact Hours) provide a space for Babson graduate students and alumni in the Boston area to deep dive into issues of importance that will amplify the impact of their careers. They are typically held over light snacks at Space X inside The Lewis Institute (Olin 240-249 suite) from 5 to 6 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Registration is required for most events, and attendance will be capped at the first 15 people to register.
Come prepared to join us for a good conversation.
Spring 2019 Schedule
Our spring schedule is still in progress. Check back soon for more Grad Impact Hours!
Tuesday, January 29
UN Global Goals
with Cheryl & Emily
This event satisfies requirement for The Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track.
Wednesday, February 13
with Mark Buckley
Thursday, February 21
with Ken Freitas, MBA'87, executive-in-residence
Wednesday, April 10
The Incubation of You
with Cheryl Kiser
Previous MBA Impact Hours
- February 8, 2018: Special Impact Hour with Stephen Ritz of Green Bronx Machine
- February 13, 2018: The UN Sustainable Development Goals: Why it Matters
- February 21, 2018: Steve Fox, CEO of Think Impact
- April 11, 2018: Babson Board Fellows Give Back and Share Experiences
- April 12, 2018: Unleashing Sustainable Innovation with Jay Friedlander, a special opportunity for the Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track applicants to engage with Jay Friedlander and the Abundant Cycle with credit toward the Track
- April 25, 2018: The UN Sustainable Development Goals: Why it Matters
- September 14, 2017: Daniel Dalet’03, Founder of SoloCoco and 2017 Alumni Rising Star
- September 26, 2017: The UN Sustainable Development Goals: Why it Matters
- October 19, 2017: Dave Stangis, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility and Chief Sustainability Officer at Campbell Soup; Co-Author of "21st Century Corporate Citizenship: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value to Society and Your Business"; and Babson Entrepreneur in Residence
- October 24, 2017: Tyler Gage, Founder of Runa Tea
- November 8, 2017: Lessons from Net Impact: Trends in CSR/Sustainability
- November 14, 2017: Lessons from the Field with Neil Smith, Co-founder and Managing Partner at SmithOBrien
- Business as a Net Asset to Society with Manoj Fenelon, Director of Foresight & Innovation at PepsiCo
- Social Value Creation and Change Decoded with Deborah Leipziger, Senior Fellow in Social Innovation
- Pedro Arce, Vice-President Eastern Bank Business Banking Group
- Reimagining Capitalism with Higher Consciousness with Raj Sisodia, FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Conscious Capitalism, Inc.
- Bob Massie: The Role of Capital Markets in Transforming the Purpose of Business.
- Lynnette McIntire: Positive Disruption: Entrepreneuring for Social Value Inside a Global Company
- Deana Becker: B Corps: How to use Business as a Force for Food