Approaches to Innovation in the UAE
Building Agile Businesses to Excel in the Global Economy
As the Dubai business environment, the UAE, and the surrounding region continues to experience rapid development, local business leaders seeking sustainable growth will benefit from an entrepreneurial mindset.
In Approaches to Innovation in the UAE, you will learn how thinking and acting like an entrepreneur can empower you to reinvent business models and identify new opportunities for innovation.
Learn Essential Skills
- Understand the value of creating, enabling and sustaining a culture of innovation
- Use Babson’s Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® (ET&A™) methodology to experiment, test, and validate innovative ideas
- Participate in a Design Thinking exercise to implement a solution to your specific business opportunity
Who Should Attend
- Mid- to senior-level professionals working within a corporate environment
- Professionals interested in enabling innovative ideas, strategies, products, and services
What You Will Learn
Learn the essential elements of research-based innovation frameworks that you can implement and apply to your organization. These frameworks and techniques will help you develop methods for experimentation and ideation to encourage your team to be proactive in identifying new business opportunities.
Specific topics include:
- Current opportunities and challenges for businesses in the UAE
- Babson’s Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® (ET&A™) methodology
- Design Thinking approach
This is a highly personalized and dynamic program, including discussions, breakout sessions, and teamwork. The result is a detailed plan of action for increasing the ability to think and act entrepreneurially by creating innovative solutions and an implementation plan for your organization.
- A deep dive into how to create, enable, and sustain a culture of innovation
- How to develop new technologies such as a mobile app to diversify the company’s product portfolio
- Building the capabilities for internal growth within the UAE
Who Should Enroll
This program is for mid- to senior-level professionals who work in businesses across industry sectors. Ideally, you are leading or have a desire to lead innovation initiatives for your organization.
Your Faculty Director
Patricia J. (P.J.) Guinan is an associate professor at Babson College in the United States. She has worked internationally in the following countries: United Arab Emirates, Singapore, England, Austria (Vienna), and the U.S. Guinan works with corporations from around the world, interested in innovating their business models and developing their leadership capabilities.
She is the author of an international award-winning book entitled: Patterns of Excellence for IS Professionals, published by the ICIT Press. Most recently her work was featured in Harvard Business Review with the article: “What's Your Social Media Strategy?” Guinan has won numerous awards for her research efforts, and has received three awards for teaching excellence. Two were from Boston University, where she taught prior to joining Babson’s faculty. Most recently, she received the Dean’s Award from Babson Executive Education at Babson College.
She teaches in numerous executive education programs for Babson Executive Education including: EMC/Dell, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, IBM, USAA, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, the Hartford, Mitre, Exel, Petroleos de Venezuela, Houghton Mifflin, State Street, Genuity, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, and MetLife.
This program will take place at Babson Dubai, located at The Academy at DIFC, at the Dubai International Financial Centre. The cost includes program materials and meals.
All participants receive a certificate of completion.
Each session has a limited number of participants to preserve the intimacy and collegiality of the experience. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Read about discounts for Babson alumni with the Second-Century Alumni Grant.
For more information, including available discounts, email Dayle Lipsky or call +1-781-239-3915