Driving Economic Growth Through Scale Up® Ecosystems
A Program for Regional Public- and Private-Sector Leaders
Join the Scale Up® Economic Development Movement
Around the world, some regions are starting to thrive because they are activating stakeholders from different sectors to focus on one common goal: promoting growth by more local firms. Driving Economic Growth through Scale Up Ecosystems provides economic leaders with practical tools and an action plan for quickly scaling businesses and creating jobs.
Learn Essential Skills
- Lead and obtain innovative and proven Scale Up tools you can use to drive economic development
- Create and implement a scale up ecosystem project to stimulate growth in your region in the next six months
Who Should Attend
- Regional public- and private-sector leaders, including economic development professionals, public officials, agency and foundation heads, university administration, and civic-minded entrepreneurs and executives
- Individuals and teams with the mandate to grow their economies
What You Will Learn
Driving Economic Growth is a highly interactive hands-on workshop that includes case studies discussions, simulations, and team-based projects.
In this workshop, you will get:
- Over a dozen tools you can use to foster Scale Up in your region
- A series of self-assessments and comparisons with others that will give you unique insight on the strengths and weaknesses of your ecosystem
- A practical six month action plan to progress your economy forward, incorporating personalized feedback from faculty and peers
- Insight into how ecosystems can be changed self-sustainably
- Developing effective communications programs for Scale Up
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for regional public- and private-sector leaders, including economic development professionals, public officials, agency and foundation heads, university administration, and civic-minded entrepreneurs and executives. Participants come from around the world and usually hold titles such as executive director, director, director general, specialist, and CEO.
Your Faculty Director
This program is led by Daniel Isenberg, professor of entrepreneurship practice at Babson College. Since 1981, Isenberg has taught at Harvard, Columbia, INSEAD, and the Technion. He has worked as an entrepreneur and venture capitalist in Israel, and has been an angel investor in more than 10 countries. Isenberg is a frequent participant at the World Economic Forum, and the G20 and has published three dozen digital and print articles in the Harvard Business Review. In 2009, he established the Babson Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Platform (BEEP) to help societies around the world create the policies, structures, programs, and climate that foster entrepreneurship. In this capacity, BEEP has conducted projects in numerous countries, including Colombia, Brazil, Denmark, and the United States.
Cost includes program materials, accommodations, and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center. Accommodations begin at 4 p.m. on October 28th and extend through 11 a.m. check out on October 31. All participants receive a certificate of completion.
Each session has a limited number of participants to preserve the intimacy and collegiality of the experience. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, including available discounts, read our FAQ »
Read about discounts for Babson alumni with the Second-Century Alumni Grant.
Daniel Isenberg introduces the Driving Economic Growth Through Scale Up Ecosystems program.