Academic Division: History & Society
- Ph D, Brandeis University
- BA, Binghamton University
Academic InterestsHistory and Society
Awards & Honors
- Feld, M.N. (2019). "Choosing Sides": Reclaiming Judaism. Page: 15. Interlink Publishers.
- Duffy, S., Feld, M.N., Langowitz, N.S. (2015). The Center for Womens Entrepreneurial Leadership: Creating Gender Enlightenment On and Beyond a Business School Campus: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Page: 473-486. Emerald Publishing Group.
- Feld, M.N., Feld, M.N. (2018). "Teaching Trans: Lessons in Inclusion and Liberation" (co-authored with Babson Student Sky Morgan). The American Historian. Issue: 18, Page: 16-17. The Organization of American Historians. link
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Shul: A Keyword in the New Jewish Studies. Shofar. Vol: 24, Issue: 4, Page: 22-33.
- Feld, M.N. (2005). Hometown Lessons: Lillian D. Wald and the Female Dominion of American Reform. Women’s History Magazine. Vol: 50 , Issue: Summer 2005, Page: 9-14.
- Feld, M.N. (in press). An Actual Working Out of Internationalism: Russian Politics, Zionism, and Lillian Walds Ethnic Progressivism. Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. Vol: 2, Issue: 2, Page: 119-149.
- Feld, M.N. (1999). Issue Co-editor, Education and Consumerism. Radical Teacher. Issue: 55.
- Feld, M.N., Sweeney, M. (1999). Sweating the Small Stuff: Mickey, Michael and the Global Sweatshop. Radical Teacher. Issue: 55, Page: 11.
- Feld, M.N. (1996). The Mutuality of Society: The Life and Work of Lillian D. Wald, 1893-1919. Women’s Studies Program Working Papers Series. Brandeis University .
- Feld, M.N. (in press). Review of Shari Rabin, Jews on the Frontier: Religion and Mobility in Nineteenth-Century America in Journal of American Ethnic History, forthcoming Spring 2019.
- Feld, M.N. (2016). "Israeli Apartheid: Our South Africa Moment". Journal of the Society for Contemporary Thought and the Islamicate World. link
- Feld, M.N. (2016). "How Intermarriage is Changing American Judaism (for the better)". H-Net Judaic, in H-Net Reviews in the Humanities and Social Sciences. link
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Andrew Heinze, Jews and the American Soul: Human Nature in the 20th Century: American Studies. Vol: 47, Issue: 3-4, Page: 221-222.
- Feld, M.N. (2004). Website of Jewish Womens Archive, www.jwa.org: Journal of American History. Vol: 9, Issue: 12, Page: 736-737.
- Feld, M.N. (2003). Marianne R. Sanua, Going Greek: Jewish College Fraternities in the United States, 1895-1945: American Jewish History. Vol: 91, Issue: 1, Page: 183-186.
- Feld, M.N. (2003). Michael Staub, Torn at the Roots: The Crisis of Jewish Liberalism in Postwar America: Minnesota Review. Vol: 58-60 , Issue: November 2003, Page: 322-325.
- Feld, M.N. (2002). Daphne Spain, How Women Saved the City: American Studies. Vol: 43, Issue: 1, Page: 187-188.
- Feld, M.N. (2001). Margaret Finnegan, Selling Suffrage: Consumer Culture and Votes for Women : American Studies. Vol: 42, Issue: 1, Page: 177-179.
- Feld, M.N. (2000). Robert A. Rockaway, Words of the Uprooted: Jewish Immigrants in Early Twentieth-Century America : Labor History. Vol: 41, Issue: 3, Page: 368-369.
- Feld, M.N. (1998). Eleanor Stebner, Women of Hull House: History of Education Quarterly. Vol: 38, Issue: 4, Page: 466-468.
- Feld, M.N. (2018). Symmetry: Sylvia Bloom and Lillian Wald". Jewish Women's Archive, JWA.org, and Henry Street Settlement. link
- Feld, M.N. (in press). "Lillian Wald" entry: Opposition to War: An Encyclopedia of United States Peace and Antiwar Movement. ABC CLIO. link
- Feld, M.N., Diner, H. (2016). We're American Jewish Historians. This is Why We've Left Zionism Behind. Issue: Aug. 20, 2016. Ha'aretz. link
- Feld, M.N. (2011). Biography of Lillian Wald on Henry Street Settlement Website .
- Feld, M.N. (2010). Buying Power : Piercing It Together Tour Program.
- Feld, M.N. (2010). Essay Contribution to Immigrant Soles Tour : Playgrounds on the Immigrant Lower East Side.
- Feld, M.N. (2010). The Face of Child Labor : Tenement Museum Blog based on Consultancy work, online.
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Henry Street Settlement entry: Encyclopedia of American Urban History. Page: 329. Sage Press.
- Feld, M.N. (2006). Settlement Houses entry : Encyclopedia Judaica. Vol: 18, Issue: 2nd Ed, Page: 320. Keter Publishing House.
- Feld, M.N. (2005). Lillian D. Wald Entry: The Encyclopedia of New York State. Page: 1648. Syracuse University Press.
- Feld, M.N. (1999). Website Co-author, Lillian D. Wald, Women of Valor Project: Jewish Womens Archive. link
- Feld, M.N. (1998). Sophie Loeb entry : American National Biography. Page: L:818-820. Oxford University Press.
- Feld, M.N. (1997). Lillian D. Wald entry: Jewish Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. Issue: 2, Page: 1446-1449. Routledge.
- Feld, M.N. (1997). Sophie Loeb entry : Jewish Women in America: An Historical Encyclopedia. Page: 1:869-870. Routledge.
- Feld, M.N. (2014). Nations Divided: American Jews and the Struggle over Apartheid. Page: 244. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Feld, M.N. (2008). Lillian D. Wald: A Biography . University of North Carolina Press.
- Listen to a podcast interview with Feld on her book NATIONS DIVIDED.
- Emma Green, “Why the Charlottesville Marchers Were Obsessed with Jews,” The Atlantic, August 15, 2017
- Akinyi Ochieng, “Black Jewish Relations Intensified And Tested by Current Political Climate,” National Public Radio, April 23, 2017