Transfer to Babson
In addition to the steps outlined on the New International Students page, students currently attending a U.S. school in F-1 status must have their SEVIS record transferred electronically to Babson.
1. Confirm Decision to attend Babson
Notify the school you are currently attending of your acceptance and intent to transfer to Babson College.
2. Request Babson Form I-20
When you submit the Form I-20 Request from Babson, you will be asked to provide the name and email address of a Designated School Official (DSO)* at your current school. Your DSO will confirm eligibility for the transfer of your SEVIS record and release the record to Babson.
* If you are unsure which DSO's information to provide, please call your international student advisor and/or international admission counselor and ask them for help.
3. Receive Initial Babson I-20
Once your Form I-20 Request is complete, you will receive a new Babson-issued Form I-20 with the notation, "transfer-pending". Use this Form I-20 for future international travel.
4. Check-in during Babson Orientation
You must present the Glavin Office with your original immigration documents within 15 days of the start date indicated on your Babson Form I-20.
5. Receive Updated Babson I-20
Only then will the Glavin Office register you in the SEVIS system and issue you a second Babson Form I-20 with the notation, “continued attendance”. Use this current Form I-20 for future international travel.
- Your current International Student Advisor can only transfer your SEVIS record to one school.
- Always use your most current Form I-20 for travel and re-entry into the U.S.
- Keep previously-issued Form I-20s for your personal records as they may be needed in the future.
- Transferring your SEVIS record during a period of authorized Optional Practical Training (OPT) will cancel your OPT.