As part of the Weissman Scholarship program, you’ll have the opportunity to embrace your experience and expand your limits inside and outside of the classroom.
The program features a variety of benefits for the cohort of scholars, and students also receive seed money which they can use to explore their interests, career goals, and intellectual pursuits. The list below is just a sampling of program features available to all Weissman scholars and examples of how individual students have been able to amplify their ambitions during the program.
Intellectual Inquiry—Think about what most intrigues you.
- Research assistantships
- Guidance of a dedicated faculty adviser
- Seed money for independent research
- Study at the London School of Economics
- Support to pursue a Fulbright, Truman, or Rhodes Fellowship
- Pawsthetics (using 3D printing to develop prosthetics for pets)
- Self-study of financial engineering
- Photography in New York City
- Graphic design program at RISD
- Development of urban farms (unpaid internship in Austin, TX)
Leadership and Teamwork—Inspire others.
- Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program (CLTP)
- Leadership development retreats
- Sponsorship for case competitions
- Muay Thai training in Thailand
- One of five winners of Microsoft Youth Spark Challenge; team of five participated in three-week service trip to Kenya.
- Senior-led seminar
- Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon (as member of Babson group)
- Social Entrepreneur Corps (SEC)
Extraordinary Internships—Gain experience for a lifetime.
- Access to more than 3,000 employer relationships
- Intern in London with other Babson students
- Expert career guidance from faculty, alumni, and professional career counselors
- Management Consulting Field Experience (MCFE)
- Venture capital internship at Passion Capital
- Consumer behavior internship at Wayfair
- International consumer products internship with DreamWorks
- Programming and development internship at King’s Way
- Supply chain internship at Nestle
Global Citizenship—What does your best self dream?
- Study and work abroad
- International community-based projects
- Short courses in Europe, Africa, Latin America, and Asia
- International concentrations
- Friends from every continent
- Exploring San Francisco tech startup scene
- NOLS backcountry skiing course
- Uncovering the country of futbol: Brazil
- Return to India to determine real and future impact
- Post dictatorship Spain versus present day Spain
Entrepreneurial Spirit—It’s part of Babson’s DNA.
- Seed money to start your venture
- Social entrepreneurship opportunities
- Business plan competitions
- Entrepreneurship-focused student organizations
- Finishing and publishing a book, Seemingly Insignificant Moments
- Filming a documentary defining entrepreneurship in India
- A month with Upright Citizens Brigade
- Hosting entrepreneurship forum in South Korea
- Visual merchandising in NYC
Mentoring and Networking—Mentor and be mentored.
- First-year–Senior Retreat
- Student, faculty, and alumni mentors
- Exclusive networking opportunities for Weissman Scholars
- Lifelong connections
- One-on-one access to faculty for project development
- Attending SXSW Conference
- Featured speaker at Babson’s World Stage event
- International business seminar in Europe
- Defining entrepreneurship in Asia