Babson was the first to recognize that entrepreneurs are made, not born. Our renowned Entrepreneurial Thought & Action methodology empowers students to think and act with a problem-solving mindset in any environment.
Introduction to the Entrepreneurial Experience
EPS 1100 • 4 College Credits
Introduction to the Entrepreneurial Experience emphasizes creativity, problem solving, collaboration, and hands-on learning to develop your skills as a self-motivated entrepreneur. This course combines classroom learning with workshops, guest lectures from innovative business leaders, and visits to a wide range of entrepreneurial organizations to provide real-world examples that will inspire you to make your ideas happen.
See Academics for more on what you'll learn inside and outside the classroom.
Students learn how to develop a venture idea in collaboration with teammates that creates meaningful social and economic value. Throughout the course, students gain hands-on experience in the skills needed to bring an idea to the marketplace. The program culminates in a final pitch, where students showcase their entrepreneurial action plans to the Babson community.
See Entrepreneurship for more about the process.
Previous Summer Study ventures include:
- Speedy Salad: Designed for busy millennials and college students, Speedy Salad is a vending machine that creates fresh, customizable salads on the go.
- Panana: A stationary venture with a buy-one, give-one model. Customers can support education in developing countries by purchasing notebooks made from banana leaves.
- Kover: A disposable, clear, second skin patch to try on beauty products on your unique skin tone. Customers and cosmetic retail stores can remain hygienic without worrying about makeup remover.
- Eyerist: Small, wearable device with tactile sensors that are designed to read braille and output the result of translation in the form of audio in the person's language of choice; makes understanding braille faster, easier, and more accurate.
- Camport: An app designed to connect customers to local photographers in major cities, so everyone can be in the group photo. Drop your location, choose an amateur or professional photographer, meet up, and capture the moment.
Classroom lectures are delivered by a mix of Babson College faculty, visiting entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and staff. Past Babson faculty and staff have included:
Email Babson Summer Study or call 781-239-4400.