FAQs for 2018 Back To Babson
FAQS FOR 2018 BACK TO BABSON
If you do not see the answer to your question, please call the Events Management Office at 781-239-5265 for further assistance.
Weekend Schedule and Registration
Where can I find a schedule for the weekend, and what should I attend?
- Weekend Schedule
- Half Century Reunion Schedule (undergraduate and graduate classes of 1968 and earlier)
- Undergraduate Reunion Class Parties
- Graduate Reunion Class Parties
How do I know if it’s my reunion year?
Classes with graduation years ending in 3 or 8 are celebrating reunions this year.
Who do I call if I have questions on the schedule or registration process?
The Events Management Office main number, 781-239-5265, or email the Events Management Office.
I’m coming from out of town. Where should I stay?
Babson Executive Conference Center
$165/night single occupancy, $175/night double occupancy. Rate available until August 21.
Call 781-239-4000 x5816 or book online:
- Go to BECC - Search Rooms
- Be sure REUN18 is populated as the group code. (This part is important! If you do not have REUN18 in the group code, it will appear that there are no rooms available as all rooms have been allocated to our group room block!)
- Select desired dates (9/21/18 and 9/22/18 available at group rate)
$169/night single occupancy. Rate available until August 24.
Call 617-969-5300 or book online »
How will I get from one place to another on campus if it’s raining or if I have a difficult time walking long distances?
- Half Century guests have their own trolley transportation for their Friday activities.
- Golf carts, vans, and shuttles will be available during peak times.
Does the Babson Executive Conference Center (BECC) provide shuttle service on or off campus?
The BECC does not provide a shuttle service. Guests are encouraged to walk to activities, or view signage in the lobby regarding when golf carts or other volunteer-driven shuttles are available during peak activity times for Back to Babson.
My class reunion party is taking place off campus, but I’m staying at the BECC or Hotel Indigo. How will I get there?
Alumni who are traveling off campus for class parties will need to make their own transportation arrangements.
How much does it cost to attend Back to Babson?
*Take advantage of the Early Bird pricing with a $5 discount per person on each activity listed below by registering before June 30.
- Alumni Entrepreneur Awards: $30 per person
- Cocktails with Coaches: $25 per person
- The Tent: $35 per person ($25 for young alumni, 2009-2018). Free for children under 15.
- Reunion Class Parties: $50 per person
- Half Century: see the Half Century section of FAQs.
- All other activities are complimentary
Children and Families
I am bringing my children but need childcare during my class reunion party Saturday night. Where should my kids go?
Complimentary childcare will be provided for children ages 3–12 Saturday from 5 :30–11:30 p.m. The service is contracted through an outside agency and will be located at the Babson Executive Conference Center.
An information form and waiver MUST be signed for children to participate. Forms will be emailed to registrants prior to the weekend.
Pre-registration is required for childcare as a child/caregiver ratio must be maintained.
I have a child under 3. Can I send him/her to childcare on Saturday night?
Due to the limitations of the space, equipment, and legal requirements for child/caregiver ratios, we are not able to provide childcare for children younger than 3 years of age.
What activities are kid-friendly?
10 a.m.–Noon. Kids Camp @ Back to Babson offers creative learning opportunities just for kids ages 3–15. More information on sessions coming soon.
Noon–4 p.m. The Tent on the upper fields includes inflatables, a bouncy house, bucking baby bull, pumpkin painting, face painting, a balloon artist, and special food just for kids! This is a family-favorite activity for the weekend and is great for kids of all ages. All children must be accompanied by an adult to this event.
5:30–11:30 p.m. Childcare for children ages 3–12 at the Babson Executive Conference Center, provided by an outside agency, includes activities, games, pizza, movies, and more. Pre-registration is required.
How do I know if my class is having a reunion and where the party will be located?
- Information for Undergraduate parties can be found here
- Information for Graduate/MBA parties can be found here
I am interested in helping plan my class reunion. How do I volunteer?
Email Aine McAlister, Associate Director, Class Engagement or call her at 781-239-4192.
Who is considered a Half Century alum?
Members of the classes of ‘68/MBA’68 and earlier.
What events do the Half Century alumni attend?
A full schedule of Half Century events and more information can be found on the Half Century page.
How do I register?
Half Century alumni are welcome to register online (link coming in early June!) or by calling the Events Management Office at 781-239-5265 once registration opens.
How do I know who else is coming from my class?
Once registration is underway, registration lists for Saturday’s reunion parties will be posted on the Half Century page. Those who have indicated they do not wish to have their name published will not appear on these lists.
Who can attend the Half Century luncheon?
Members of the classes of ‘68/MBA’68 and earlier and their guest.
Are Half Century alumni invited to the Leadership Awards Brunch?
Yes. This is a fantastic event that recognizes individuals for their commitment to the Babson alumni community. We hope you will join us in this celebration on Saturday. Please RSVP through online or phone registration.
Where does the Trolley go for Friday’s Half Century activities?
The trolley will pick you up from the Babson Executive Conference Center (BECC) during Half Century check-in. It then continues on to lunch at the President’s House, picks you up after lunch, and takes you back to campus for the afternoon campus visit. At the conclusion of the afternoon activities, it will bring you back to the BECC.
What events do Half Century attendees have to pay for?
All weekend events are complimentary for Half Century alumni and their guest on behalf of Babson College.
What events do you have for graduate alumni?
- Graduate alumni are invited to attend all weekend activities, including but not limited to the Alumni Entrepreneur Awards, Drinks and DJ in Roger’s Pub & Grille, and The Tent.
- If your graduation year ends in 3 or 8, check the Graduate Reunion page to see if your class has organized a reunion party. If not and you are interested in volunteering, Email Aine McAlister, Associate Director, Class Engagement or call her at 781-239-4192.