FAQs for 2017 Back to Babson
If you do not see the answer to your question, please
email the Events Management Office or call 781-239-5265 for further assistance.
Weekend Schedule and Registration
Where can I find a schedule for the weekend?
What’s new this year?
- Alumni Volunteer Leadership Summit
- Celebrating Achievements in Entrepreneurial Thought & Action®, honoring our newest inductee to the Alumni Entrepreneur Hall of Fame and Rising Star Entrepreneurs, a Babson signature event, will now take place during Back to Babson weekend on Friday!
- Saturday Afternoon Interactives: Taste, Create, & Learn
- Extended Bookstore Hours at our store in the Campus Center. Come check out all our new gear! There will also be items sold up at the Tent on Saturday.
Bookstore Back to Babson Weekend Hours:
- Friday, September 15: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 16: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, September 17: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Reunion after-party and fireworks on Saturday night
How do I know if it’s my reunion year?
Classes with graduation years ending in 2 or 7 are celebrating reunions this year.
How do I register for Back to Babson?
Whom do I call if I have questions on the schedule or registration process?
The Events Management Office main number, 781-239-5265, or
email the Events Management Office.
I’m coming from out of town. Where should I stay?
Babson Executive Conference Center
$165/night single occupancy, $175/night double occupancy. Rate available until August 28.
781-239-4000 Ext. 4995 or book online:
$175/night. Rate available until August 25.
Call 866-246-3446 or book online
How will I get from one place to another on campus if it’s raining or I have a difficult time walking long distances?
- Half Century guests have their own trolley transportation for their Friday activities.
- Golf carts and vans driven by staff volunteers will be available during peak times.
Does the Babson Executive Conference Center (BECC) provide shuttle service on or off campus?
The BECC does not provide a shuttle service. Guests are encouraged to walk to activities or view signs in the lobby for when golf carts or other volunteer-driven shuttles are available during peak activity times for Back to Babson.
My class reunion party is taking place off campus, but I’m staying at the BECC or Hotel Indigo. How will I get there?
Alumni who are traveling off campus for class parties will need to make their own transportation arrangements.
How much does it cost to attend Alumni Weekend?
*Take advantage of the Early Bird pricing with a $5 discount per person on each activity listed below by registering by June 30.
Alumni Entrepreneur Hall of Fame: $30 per person
Back to Babson Weekend Kickoff Entertainment: $25 per person
- The Tent: $35 per person ($25 for young alumni, 2008-2017). Free for children under 15.
- Afternoon Interactives: Taste, Create, & Learn: $20 per person
- Reunion Class Parties: $45 per person
Half Century: see the
Half Century section of FAQs.
- All other activities are complimentary
Children and Families
I am bringing my children but need childcare during my class reunion party Saturday night. Where should my kids go?
Complimentary childcare will be provided for children ages 3–12 Saturday evening from 5 :30–11:30 p.m. The service is contracted through SeekingSitters and will be located at the Babson Executive Conference Center.
An information form and waiver MUST be signed for children to participate. Forms will be emailed to registrants prior to the weekend.
Pre-registration is required for child care so that SeekingSitters can maintain an appropriate child/caregiver ratio.
I have a child under 3. May I send him/her to childcare on Saturday night?
Due to the limitations of the space, equipment, and legal requirements for child/caregiver ratios, we are not able to provide childcare for children younger than 3 years of age.
What activities are kid-friendly?
10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Kids College offers creative learning opportunities just for kids ages 3-15. Learn more about these sessions here.
Noon–3:30 p.m. The Tent on the Upper Athletic Fields includes inflatables, a bouncy house, pumpkin painting, face painting, a balloon artist, and special food just for kids! This is a family-favorite activity for the weekend and is great for kids of all ages. All children must be accompanied by an adult to this event.
5:30–11:30 p.m. Child care for children ages 3-12 at the Babson Executive Conference Center, provided by SeekingSitters, includes activities, games, pizza, movies, and more. Preregistration is required.
Can I bring my children to Friday night’s Kickoff Entertainment?
All are welcome at the price of $25 per person. We do recommend parents use discretion, as the intended audience is ages 18+.
How do I know if my class is having a reunion and where the party will be located?
I am interested in helping plan my class reunion. How do I volunteer?
email@example.com and your class liaison will contact you with more information.
Who is considered a Half Century alum?
Members of the classes of ‘67/MBA’67 and earlier.
What events do the Half Century alumni attend?
A full schedule of Half Century events and more information can be found on the
Half Century page.
How do I register?
Online registration opens on June 5, 2017. A link to register will appear on the homepage.
How do I know who else is coming from my class?
Once registration is underway, registration lists for Saturday’s reunion dinner will be posted on the Half Century page. Those who have indicated they do not wish to have their name published will not appear on these lists.
Who can attend the Half Century luncheon?
Members of the classes of ‘67/MBA’67 and earlier and their guest.
Are Half Century alumni invited to the Leadership Brunch?
Yes. This is a fantastic event that recognizes individuals for their commitment to the Babson alumni community. We hope you will join us in this celebration on Saturday. Please RSVP through online or phone registration.
Where does the Trolley go for Friday’s Half Century activities?
The trolley will pick you up from the BECC during Half Century check-in. It then continues on to lunch at the President’s House, picks you up after lunch and takes you back to campus for the afternoon campus visit. At the conclusion of the afternoon activities, it will bring you back to the BECC.
What events do Half Century attendees have to pay for?
All weekend events are complimentary for Half Century alumni and their guest on behalf of Babson College.
What events do you have for graduate alumni?
- Graduate alumni are invited to attend all weekend activities, including but not limited to Friday's Celebrating Achievements in Entrepreneurial Thought & Action®, Kickoff Entertainment, Saturday's Tent, Afternoon Interactives: Taste, Create, & Learn, and Back to Babson After-Party and Fireworks.
- If your graduation year ends in 2 or 7, check the
Graduate Reunion page to see if your class has organized a reunion party. If not and you are interested in volunteering,
email Lisa Alvezi.