Babson College Advancement Ambassador
Babson College Advancement Ambassadors are professional, dedicated student leaders who serve the Advancement Office (Alumni and Friends Network, Development, and Events Management). Through a direct partnership with the Alumni and Friends Network, these Student Ambassadors act as hosts for Advancement-driven events, liaise with student affinity organizations, and engage with alumni.
The mission of College Advancement Ambassadors is to enhance the experience of our alumni and add value to the Babson community.
The College Advancement Ambassadors focus on the importance of fostering lifelong engagement, participation, and philanthropic support while maintaining Babson’s spirit and traditions.
Roles and Responsibilities
Student Advancement Ambassadors, as an extension of the Office of College Advancement, will:
- Provide support and student representation at Advancement events or programs such as, but not limited to:
- Boards of Governance meetings
- Alumni Weekend
- Family Weekend
- President's Society events
- Academy of Distinguished Entrepreneurs®
- Celebrating Achievements in Entrepreneurial Thought & Action®
- Host Rising Stars
- Educate current students about Babson traditions, history, and the importance of alumni giving
- As a representative of the student body, CAAs will partner with AFN to assist in affinity programming to help develop future alumni who serve as Babson partners, advocates, and supporters
- Provide customized tours to alumni (with advanced notice)
Ambassadors are required to attend monthly meetings with the Advancement Office. Additionally, new members are required to attend the new member orientation in the fall, and all ambassadors are required to attend the spring retreat. Ambassadors also are expected to attend and participate in a multitude of programming and events throughout the academic year.
Other commitments as assigned by the Advancement Office.
As a member of the Student Alumni Ambassadors, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network and interact with alumni, including college Governance members
- Attend exclusive college events
- Gain valuable personal growth, leadership, and organizational skills
- Contribute to creating new campus traditions
- Receive an Ambassador blazer and other supplemental materials upon membership
- Work alongside a diverse body of university staff, administration members, and students in hosting campus events
- Select members receive an opportunity to travel to Babson Connect Worldwide—all expenses paid!
Application Process and Marketing
To become a CAA, please apply through the Shared Leadership Application that will go live in December 2017 for the academic year of 2018–2019.
Students must submit a résumé and cover letter as part of the application. Each applicant will have an in-person interview with the Alumni Office.