What To Do in An Emergency
An emergency or disaster can occur at any time of day or night, weekend, or holiday without little or no warning. We need to be prepared before, during and after an emergency.
To Report An Emergency
- Call Public Safety at 781-239-5555 or dial 911 if off campus
- Use one of the emergency call boxes located throughout campus
- Call the Anonymous Tip Line at 781-239-8164
- Fill out the Public Safety Community Watch Form
PLEASE REFERENCE - Department of Homeland Security How to Respond to an Active Shooter Guide (word document)DHS How To Respond Guide.doc
How to Prepare
Be informed, make a plan, build a kit
Some things you can do at work/school to prepare:
- Familiarize yourself with the college's evacuation plan and specialized emergency responses. Note the designated meeting locations for after an evacuation.
- Each time you enter a building or room, take note of the exit routes and locations of fire extinguisher and medical kits.
- Note locations of stairways as you walk from location to location.
- Keep your own personal supply kit in your desk or room that you can access quickly.
- Be sure you have composed a card to carry in your wallet or purse with important phone numbers including the number of your out of state phone contact. Red Cross Emergency Contact Card.
- Set up a communication plan with family and friends in case of an emergency.