Consulting Skills for the IT Professional
For IT management and their staffs, this course will teach IT professionals how to operate as internal consultants to more effectively fulfill the role of your company’s “IT supplier of choice.”
In today's cross-functional, flattened, and reengineered companies, the only power left is the power of influence. Master that and you virtually guarantee success.
Through proprietary models and learning tools, IT professionals will learn to master the consulting skills needed to command the respect of their companies and successfully compete with external consultants. Help your staff master it, beginning with this workshop, and you'll soon be coaching a top-flight IT organization that commands the respect of the company and that competes successfully with external consultants.
Participants will benefit from proven content along with:
- Pre-course assessments
- Networking and idea exchange with peers who are addressing similar challenges
- Comprehensive workshop manual
- Copy of O&A’s latest book, Leading IT Transformation: The Roadmap for Success
At this course you will learn how to:
- Consult according to an eleven-step Consulting Cycle
- Build trust and rapport in the initial contact
- Utilize the "stew pot" to handle difficult clients and situations
- Position your organization for high payback opportunities
- Build a listening organization with our H.E.A.R. model
- Apply four different consulting roles
- Manage client resistance and unrealistic expectations
- Gather information and analyze situations more effectively
This two-day 14 PDU/14 CDU program, facilitated by Carolynn Miller Benson, costs $1,600 per person.
Contact Tracy Dinu at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-878-4551. She will provide you with confirmation and logistical details and be available for your questions.