Managing Vendor Partnerships
This two-day course provides a holistic approach that enables organizations to effectively work with their service providers and their staff to create long-term value and increased ROI from each of their vendor relationships.
Because of increased competition and tightening cost structures, organizations must seek to
more effectively utilize key personnel resources and expertise, while leveraging outside services. This effort can provide added value through increased quality, lower costs, improved customer service, or implementation of best practices.
Participants will learn how to:
- Move from contract management to relationship management with your vendors
- Transition from managing employees to managing the relationship
- Understand and differentiate between the goals and objectives of the organization and those of the vendor
- Leverage process management techniques to provide a foundation for managing vendor partnerships
- Create balanced process performance metrics
- Utilize change management to transition employees to new roles
- Recognize a range of cultural differences between the organization and the vendor
- Gain additional value from other corporate departments
- Be proactive in shaping a positive relationship and in recognizing when the partnership is in trouble
- Evaluate several options for governance structures
- Prepare for the end of the contract
- Improve vendor selection, contact development, and negotiation processes
This two-day 14 PDU/14 CDU program, instructed by Kenneth Emery, costs $1,600 per person.
Contact Tracy Dinu at email@example.com or call 800-878-4551. She will provide you with confirmation and logistical details and be available for your questions.