Creating Awareness of IT's Value Through Marketing
(formerly Marketing the IT Organization Internally)
This two-day course will help your IT organization focus on benefits and solutions, not features and products. It will also provide you with several practical ways to position your organization as the "provider of first choice" and for high payoff business opportunities.
Marketing is one of the most misunderstood words in the business language. It is tremendously underutilized by organizations that are left functioning merely as reactive, product-pushing order takers. By marketing we mean “creating an awareness of your value.”
Participants will learn how to:
- Define marketing and its role in your IT organization
- Understand the value that your IT organization brings to the table
- Develop your IT Marketing Plan(s) with a proven 13-step model
- Implement proven techniques based on your target audience and objectives
- Conduct market research and profile your clients (existing and potential)
- Measure your effectiveness against our indicators of successful marketing
- Discover the power of logos and slogans
- Add value to every client transaction
- Leverage the power of “hallway marketing”
This two-day 14 PDU/14 CDU program, facilitated by Lisha Wentworth, costs $1,600 per person. CIMS Sponsor Companies and Babson College affiliates receive a 10% discount. Contact CIMS for discount code prior to registering online. Fees include materials, breaks, and lunch each day at the world-ranked Babson Executive Conference Center.
New 2013 dates to be determined.