Fostering Entrepreneurial Growth and Economic Development by Preparing Today’s Educators to Teach Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurs
Our Global SEE programs play an integral part in leading the entrepreneurial revolution in colleges and universities. SEE has prepared more than 2,900 educators and entrepreneurs from more than 650 institutions worldwide for critical roles as educators of entrepreneurship. SEE explores best practices in entrepreneurship education, case method frameworks, and pedagogy—in a dynamic setting.
SEE programs are developed for and held in numerous countries and regions around the world, including: Argentina, Chile, China, Ecuador, Ireland, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Venezuela, Costa Rica, and the United States.
Babson strategically partners with academic institutions, governments, corporations, and foundations to deliver SEE programs that stimulate growth and value creation on an institutional, regional, and national level.
The goal of the SEE program is to foster regional entrepreneurial growth and economic development through entrepreneurship education. Upon completion of the SEE program, participants will:
- Understand the powerful logic of entrepreneurial thought and action, and how it can be taught and applied to entrepreneurs
- Comprehend the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial mindset
- Recognize key process and content aspects of teaching entrepreneurship
- Appreciate the value of the case study method and the growing popularity of other experiential and action-based methods
- Build a network of like-minded educators who are dedicated to innovation in entrepreneurship education
The pedagogies that will be used include case studies, breakout sessions, video, group presentations, and lectures. Babson works with the client to design an SEE program that meets their specific needs. Program sessions often include:
- Case Method Teaching
- Managing Classroom Challenges
- Curriculum and Course Design
- Experiential and Action Learning Pedagogies
- Immersion-based Teaching
- Assessment and Assurance of Learning
- Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®
- Entrepreneurial Identity
- Idea Generation
- Design Thinking
- Market Tests and Business Models
- Building Entrepreneurial Teams
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Managing Growth
SEE programs are held throughout the world, and the participant mix typically includes academics and entrepreneurs from multiple institutions in that region. To ensure that the program contains the rich perspectives of both educators and practitioners, each participating faculty member is strongly encouraged to attend the program with an active entrepreneur as a team. Both the faculty member and the entrepreneur should have, or be seeking, teaching responsibilities.