BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science
Program Dates and Fee:
October 20 - 24, 2014
*Program fee includes program materials, accommodations and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center from 4pm on October 20 until check out on October 24.
To view program brochure click here.
As a science or business professional in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries, your unique and valuable skills are in high demand. Supplementing those skills with insights into the key drivers of your industry will significantly bolster the strategic aspects of your career.
By focusing on the business skills needed to work and lead more effectively, BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science provides the necessary tools to succeed now and presents a solid foundation for future learning.
BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science strengthens your understanding of strategy, finance, marketing, and leadership, allowing you to make better decisions by integrating various functional perspectives.
In a highly collaborative and interactive setting, alongside peers from across the industry and around the world, you will learn to:
- Take a broader, more strategic role in your organization
- Address challenges through enhanced managerial effectiveness and greater industry-specific knowledge and skills
- Anticipate future trends in your industry and assess their impact on your company and your professional advancement
- Balance managing and leading in an organization of specialists
BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science addresses fundamental industry issues related to:
- Competing in a changing biopharma landscape
- Essence of products and marketing
- Commercializing innovation
- Financial implications of strategic decisions
- Evaluating resource allocation decisions
- Managing, leading and influencing
This program is designed for mid- and senior-level scientists and biopharma business professionals, including scientists, physicians, lawyers, engineers, and other technical and business specialists. Regardless of your job function, you will practice real-world skills through instruction, collaboration, and interaction with your peers that will prepare you to overcome future challenges within your organization.
The program is led by program director and Babson associate professor and Louis J. Lavigne, Jr. Family Endowed Term Chair in Strategy and Planning Gaurab Bhardwaj, and full time Babson lecturer Phil Licari. The program is also supported by additional industry practitioners and experts.
Babson Executive Education can design and deliver a customized program for your organization. Go to Custom Programs for more information, or request a proposal.