THE ENTREPRENEUR'S BOOT CAMP: A DEEP DIVE FOR NEW VENTURES
Program Dates and Fee:
June 23 - 27, 2014
Program fee includes program materials, accommodations and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center from 4pm on June 22 (the evening prior), until check out on June 27.
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is an intensive 5-day program designed for individuals seeking to think and act more entrepreneurially. Whether you are an entrepreneur attempting to create a start-up or an executive working on an internal venture, this program provides the tools you need to create new opportunities. The program is led by accomplished professors of Entrepreneurship at Babson College, as well as seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals.
The goal of "The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures" is to provide participants with the tools, strategies, and confidence needed in order to assess, determine feasibility of, and launch and grow new businesses or reinvigorate existing businesses.
- Learn key assessment and feasibility techniques including design thinking, product definition, rapid iteration testing, and designing the minimum viable product
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analyses
- Develop an understanding of how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand building, cash flow management and resource allocation, and embracing change and uncertainty for competitive advantage
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles, and key responsibilities
- Explore the notion of building a winning team and other common challenges facing founders and CEOs
The program features a carefully designed blend of lectures, group work, and action learning. Key topic areas include:
- Introduction to the mindset and entrepreneurship
- Personal assessment
- Ideation techniques
- Building effective teams
- Formulating and articulating a unique value proposition
- Market, industry, and competitive assessment
- Idea shaping and product definition
- Defining your value proposition
- Business model development
- Building your brand
- The importance of capital efficiency
- Harnessing resources through financing
- Customer acquisition
Through the program, participants present rocket pitches on their business opportunities. Faculty and peers evaluate and critique the pitches and provide advice as to where risk lies and what are the barriers to success.
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is designed for individuals who seek to launch or grow new business endeavors, as well as executives who are working on internal ventures. Participants are professionals with work experience that they can draw upon in order to create new opportunities. A great benefit of the program is the network that participants gain from their peers in the program.
Who Leads the Program?
Program faculty include distinguished academics, successful entrepreneurs, and business leaders who have launched and grown ventures of their own. The program also is led by individuals with experience in venture capital and financing.
The faculty director of the program is Professor Angelo Santinelli. Santinelli is an experienced leader and innovator in creating business strategy, marketing and delivering results. His more than 25 years of business experience covers a broad range of disciplines and responsibilities including business development, strategic planning, M&A, IPO, private equity financing, customer service, marketing and international operations. He also was the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Business Development at Shiva, a very successful telecommunications start-up that went public. Professor Santinelli has served on numerous boards of directors, participating in both audit and compensation committees. He is the founder of Dakin Management, a strategy consultancy focusing on small to medium size businesses. Professor Santinelli was previously a partner with North Bridge Venture Partners, where he began his investing career. His investment interests ranged from communications, wireless, software and Internet infrastructure.
Other educators for the program include: Andrew Corbett, Tim Marken, Heidi Neck, and Andrew Zacharakis.