THE ENTREPRENEUR'S BOOT CAMP: A DEEP DIVE FOR NEW VENTURES
Program Dates and Fees:
January 20 - 24, 2014
Entrepreneur's Boot Camp - Standard: $4,600
Entrepreneur's Boot Camp - Premium: $6,700*
Program fee includes program materials, accommodations and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center from 4pm on January 19 (the evening prior), until check out on January 24.
To view the program brochure click here
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is a unique one-week program designed for entrepreneurs who seek to create new opportunities in the form of a startup. This program features several accomplished professors of Entrepreneurship at Babson College who collaborate to create a transformational learning and development experience. For high potential participants with the right mindset, this program is designed to be a “life-altering experience,” setting them on a path to build their own wealth and independence.
The goal of The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is to provide participating entrepreneurs with the tools, strategies, and confidence needed in order to assess, determine feasibility of, and launch new businesses.
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles, and key responsibilities
- Explore the notion of building a winning team and other common challenges facing founders and CEOs
- Learn key assessment and feasibility techniques including ideation, product definition, rapid iteration testing, and designing the minimum viable product
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analyses
- Develop an understanding of how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand building, cash flow management and resource allocation, and embracing change and uncertainty for competitive advantage
The program features a carefully designed blend of lectures, group work, and action learning. Key topic areas include:
- Introduction to the mindset and entrepreneurship
- Personal assessment
- Ideation techniques
- Building effective teams
- Market, industry, and competitive assessment
- Idea shaping and product definition
- Defining your value proposition
- Business model development
- Building your brand
- The importance of capital efficiency
- Harnessing resources
- Customer acquisition
- Managing the growing business
In addition, participants work in teams and are given an opportunity to deliver short presentations on their new business ideas. The program faculty members evaluate and critique the plans and offer advice as to where risk lies and what are the barriers to success.
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is designed for high potential entrepreneurs who are ready and committed to launch new business endeavors. Participants are typically professionals with some or significant work experience that they can draw upon in order to create new opportunities.
Program faculty members include distinguished academics who are first and foremost successful entrepreneurs, having launched and grown ventures of their own. In addition to faculty, the program also will be taught by several people with previous start up and venture capital experience.
The program is led by Professor Angelo Santinelli. Santinelli is an
experienced leader and innovator in creating business strategy, marketing and delivering results. His more than 25 years of business experience covers a broad range of disciplines and responsibilities including business development, strategic planning, M&A, IPO, private equity financing, customer service, marketing and international operations. He also was the Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Business Development at Shiva, a very successful telecommunications start-up that went public. Professor Santinelli has served on numerous boards of directors, participating in both audit and compensation committees. He is the founder of Dakin Management, a strategy consultancy focusing on small to medium size businesses. Professor Santinelli was previously a partner with North Bridge Venture Partners, where he began his investing career. His investment interests ranged from communications, wireless, software and Internet infrastructure.
Other educators for the program include: Andrew Corbett, Tim Marken, Heidi Neck, and Andrew Zacharakis.
Entrepreneur's Boot Camp - Premium
The Premium version of The Entrepreneur's Boot Camp features three one-hour consulting sessions with a faculty member from Babson College’s Entrepreneurship Division, in addition to the program. The consulting takes place via web conference within six months after you participate in The Entrepreneur's Boot Camp. This option is ideal for those participants who would benefit from the strategic advice of a Babson faculty member with deep expertise in consulting to new and growing ventures.