Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing
September 12-18, 2015
Babson College, Wellesley, MA
$7,450 Includes program materials, meals, and accommodations, beginning on the first day of the program.
Being competitive and customer-oriented in today’s rapidly changing retail market means retailers of all types—bricks and clicks—need to create and implement a winning market strategy.
You need to plan for tomorrow’s growth while you manage today’s operations. Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing helps retail businesses develop the effective strategies and dynamic leaders needed to compete and win in the global retail marketplace.
Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing helps you identify and evaluate your organization’s key success factors to plan more strategically and manage your business more effectively.
In a highly collaborative and interactive setting, alongside peers from across the retail industry and around the world, you will share ideas, explore best practices, and learn to:
- Plan for strategic growth, including financial modeling and productivity analysis
- Analyze and interpret consumer, competitive, and market research—and implement changes based on the data
- Develop and implement enhanced merchandising management and assortment strategies
- Manage strategic resources efficiently
The program is led by a team from the Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary, including program director Lawrence Ring, chancellor professor of business and the executive MBA alumni distinguished professor of Executive Education; Ronald Hess, associate professor of marketing and John Strong, CSX professor of finance and economics.
The program curriculum provides a strategic look at the best methods to win in the highly competitive retail sector. Program topic areas include:
- Eight Ways to Win in Retailing
- Strategic Resource Management
- Supercharging the Retail Supply Chain
- Extending Retail Beyond the Store: Bricks and Clicks
- Case Studies on Leading Global Retailers, Social Media and Online Retailing
This program attracts a varied mix of participants and is designed for professionals in the retail industry, including CEO’s, senior and general merchandise managers, operations managers, district managers, and upper-level marketing, finance, human resource and MIS managers. Regardless of your job function, you will develop real-world skills through instruction, collaboration, and interaction with your peers as you work with actual case studies from leading global retailers.
Babson Executive Education can design and deliver a customized program for your organization. Request a proposal or visit Custom Programs for more information.