The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures
Program Dates and Fee
January 19-23, 2015
$4,600 Includes program materials, accommodations and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center beginning January 18 at 4pm until checkout on January 23.
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is an intensive five-day program designed for individuals seeking to think and act more entrepreneurially.
Whether you are an entrepreneur attempting to create a startup or an executive working on an internal venture, this program provides the tools you need to create new opportunities. The program is led by accomplished professors of entrepreneurship at Babson College, as well as seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals.
What New Tools Will Boot Camp Give You?
- An opportunity-centered mindset for capitalizing on ideas
- Steps for constructing a business model
- Ways to test the viability of a product
- Best practices for financing
- Best practices for hiring
- Ways to launch and grow in a lean and fast manner
- A process for articulating your ideas and vision
Download the Entrepreneur's Boot Camp program brochure.
The goal of The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is to provide participants with the tools, strategies, and confidence needed in order to assess, determine feasibility of, and launch and grow new businesses or reinvigorate existing businesses.
- Learn key assessment and feasibility techniques including design thinking, product definition, rapid iteration testing, and designing the minimum viable product
- Acquire tools for assessing product and market fit including understanding target markets and market segmentation and performing effective industry and competitive analyses
- Develop an understanding of how to grow and nurture the business through effective brand building, cash flow management and resource allocation, and embracing change and uncertainty for competitive advantage
- Gain a better understanding of themselves as entrepreneurs including their motivations, roles, and key responsibilities
- Explore the notion of building a winning team and other common challenges facing founders and CEOs
The program features a carefully designed blend of lectures, group work, and action learning. Key topic areas include:
- Introduction to the mindset and entrepreneurship
- Personal assessment
- Ideation techniques
- Building effective teams
- Formulating and articulating a unique value proposition
- Market, industry, and competitive assessment
- Idea shaping and product definition
- Defining your value proposition
- Business model development
- Building your brand
- The importance of capital efficiency
- Harnessing resources through financing
- Customer acquisition
Through the program, participants present rocket pitches on their business opportunities. Faculty and peers evaluate and critique the pitches and provide advice as to where risk lies and what are the barriers to success.
The Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp: A Deep Dive for New Ventures is designed for individuals who seek to launch or grow new business endeavors, as well as executives who are working on internal ventures. Participants are professionals with work experience that they can draw upon in order to create new opportunities. A great benefit of the program is the network that participants gain from their peers in the program.