Professor Roggeveen has taught Marketing Research to undergraduate and graduate students, Marketing Management to undergraduate students, and Market Opportunity Definition and Assessment to graduate students. Her industry experience includes work for State Street Corporation, Lotus Development Corporation, First Night, and the Commonwealth Institute in London.
Her research interests are in the area of consumer and managerial information processing and decision making—particularly in the areas of pricing, retailing, and services. Her research has been published in a number of journals including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of Retailing. Additionally she has presented her research at numerous national and international conferences.
She has won a number of awards for her research including Best Conference Paper La Londe Conference (2011), the William R. Davidson Journal of Retailing Best Paper Award (2010), Best Paper Consumer Behavior Track Paper, Winter AMA (2009), Babson College Faculty Scholarship Award (2008 and 2012), the M. Wayne DeLozier Best Conference Paper Award, AMS (2008), and the Stanley C. Hollander Outstanding Retailing Paper Award, AMS (2008). Her paper, “Customer Experience Creation: Determinants, Dynamics and Management Strategies,” was one of the Top-10 most-cited articles published in Journal of Retailing during the 2007-2011 period.
She has served as a co-editor for a number of special issues including special issues on: Nonverbal & In-Store Communication in the Retail Environment (Psychology & Marketing—forthcoming); Shopper Marketing: Role of In-Store Marketing (Review of Marketing Research—forthcoming); Retailing (Journal of Marketing Management—forthcoming); Pricing in a Global Marketplace (Journal of Retailing, 2012); and Pricing (Journal of Product and Brand Management, 2011). Dr. Roggeveen currently serves on the editorial review boards of the Journal of Retailing and Journal of Service Research.
Additionally, Dr. Roggeveen has co-chaired the AMA/ACRA Retailing Conference (2012), Direct/Interactive Marketing Research Summit (2011), and the Pricing in a Global Marketplace Conference (2010). She currently serves as the AMA Retailing and Pricing Special Interest Group Chair. She also has served as a track chair for numerous conferences including the Retailing & Pricing track of the American Marketing Association Summer Conference (2013), the Pricing and Revenue Management Track of the Academy of Marketing Science Conference (2011), the Services Marketing Track of the Academy of Marketing Science Conference (2010), and the Consumer Behavior Track of the American Marketing Association Summer Conference (2006). Additionally, she served on the conference program committee for the Society of Consumer Psychology Conference (2012) and the Association for Consumer Research Conference (2010).
- Grewal, Dhruv, Anne L. Roggeveen, and Rodney Runyan (forthcoming), "Retailing in a Connected World," Journal of Marketing Management.
- Grewal, Dhruv, Praveen Kopalle, Howard Marmorstein, and Anne L. Roggeveen (forthcoming), "Does Travel Time to Stores Matter? The Role of Merchandise Availability," Journal of Retailing.
- Roggeveen, Anne L., Michael Tsiros, and Dhruv Grewal (forthcoming), “Understanding the Co-Creation Effect: When Does Collaborating with Customers Provide a Lift to Service Recovery?” Journal of Academy of Marketing Science.
- Coulter, Keith and Anne L. Roggeveen (2012), "Deal or No Deal? How Buyer Number, Purchase Limit, and Time-to-Expiration Impact Purchase Decisions on Group Buying Websites," Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 6 (2), 78-95.
- Grewal, Dhruv, Anne L. Roggeveen, Larry D. Compeau, and Michael Levy (2012), "Retail Value-Based Pricing Strategies: New Times, New Technologies, New Consumers," Journal of Retailing, Special Issue on Pricing, 88 (1), 1-6.
- Coulter, Keith S. and Anne L. Roggeveen (2012), "Like it Or Not: Consumer Responses to Word-of-Mouth Communication in On-line Social Networks," Management Research Review, Special Issue on Marketing and Social Media, 35 (9), 878-899.
- Grewal, Dhruv, Anne L. Roggeveen, Larry D. Compeau, and Michael Levy (2011), "Evolving Pricing Practices: The Role of New Business Models," Journal of Product & Brand Management, Special Issue on Pricing, 20 (7), 510-513.
- Wilcox, Keith, Anne L. Roggeveen, and Dhruv Grewal (2011), “Shall I Tell You Now or Later? Assimilation and Contrast in the Evaluation of Experiential Products,” Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (December), 763-773.
- Biswas, Dipayan, Dhruv Grewal and Anne L. Roggeveen (2010), “How the Order of Sampled Experiential Goods Affects Choice,” Journal of Marketing Research, 47 (June), 508-519.
- Verhoef, Peter, Katherine Lemon, A. Parasuraman, Anne Roggeveen, Leonard Schlesinger, Michael Tsiros (2009), “Customer Experience: Determinants, Dynamics and Management Strategies,” Journal of Retailing, 85 (1), 31-41. *One of the Top-10 most-cited articles published in Journal of Retailing during 2007-2011.
- Grewal, Dhruv, Anne L. Roggeveen, and Michael Tsiros (2008), “The Effect of Compensation on Repurchase Intentions in Service Recovery,” Journal of Retailing, 84 (4), 424-434. *Awarded 2010 William R. Davidson Journal of Retailing Best Paper Award.
- Bharadwaj, Neeraj and Anne L. Roggeveen (2008), “The Impact of Offshored and Outsourced Call Service Centers on Customer Appraisals,” Marketing Letters, 19 (1), 13-23.
- Roggeveen, Anne L., Neeraj Bharadwaj, and Wayne D. Hoyer (2007), “How Call Center Location Impacts Expectations of Service from Reputable vs. Lesser Known Firms,” Journal of Retailing, 83 (4), 403-410.
- Johar, Gita V. and Anne L. Roggeveen (2007), “Changing False Beliefs from Repeated Advertising: The Role of Claim-Refutation Alignment,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 17 (2), 118-127.
- Estelami, Hooman, Dhruv Grewal and Anne L. Roggeveen (2007), “The Negative Effect of Policy Restrictions on Consumers’ Post-purchase Reactions to Price-Matching Guarantees,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 35 (June), 208-219.
- Roggeveen, Anne L., Dhruv Grewal and Jerry Gotlieb (2006), “Does the Frame of a Comparative Ad Moderate the Effectiveness of Extrinsic Information Cues?” Journal of Consumer Research, 33 (June), 115-122.
- Roggeveen, Anne L. and Gita V. Johar (2004), “Integration of Discrepant Sales Forecasts: The Influence of Plausibility Inferences Based on an Evoked Range,” Journal of Marketing Research, 41 (February), 19-30.
- Roggeveen, Anne L. and Gita V. Johar (2002), “Perceived Source Variability versus Familiarity: Testing Competing Explanations for the Truth Effect,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 12, 2, 81-91.