Mike Schultz is Co-Founder and President of RAIN Group, a sales training, assessment, and performance improvement firm named recently by Inc. magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the country. Co-author of the books Professional Services Marketing (Wiley, 2009) and Rainmaking Conversations: Influence, Persuade, and Sell in Any Situation (Wiley, 2011), Mr. Schultz is world-renowned as a consultant and expert in sales performance, marketing leadership, and services marketing, frequently featured in major news outlets such as Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Globe and Mail, and Boston Herald.
Mr. Schultz has worked with organizations such as Monitor Group, American Management Association, Instron, Ameresco, Pegasystems, Fidelity Investments, Ryder, Quintiles, Roche, Navigant Consulting, Bank of America, Mellon Bank, IDC Research, and dozens of others to increase revenue by dramatically improving sales performance.
Along with his client practice and company management responsibilities, Mr. Schultz is the Publisher of RainToday.com, the premier online source for insight, advice, and tools for growing a service business. He has led RainToday.com from a startup to the leading online magazine focused on marketing and selling for services with over 100,000 subscribers and members.
Mr. Schultz is world-renowned keynote speaker, delivering dozens of speeches each year in-house for clients and at leading industry conferences. He also actively teaches Seirinkai karate and jujitsu at Babson College, holding the ranks of third degree black belt and sensei. He lives on a lake with his family west of Boston.
Select publications include:
- Professional Services Marketing (Wiley, 2009)
- Rainmaking Conversations: Influence: Persuade, and Sell in Any Situation (Wiley, 2011)
- Lead Generation Benchmark Report: How the Best Firms Fill the Pipeline (2007, 2010)
- How Clients Buy (2005, 2009)
- Benchmark Report on Fees and Pricing in Professional Services (2008)
- Business Impact of Publishing a Book (2006)
White papers and guides:
- Sales Mistakes that Turn Buyers Away
- 7 Critical Factors for Successful Sales Conversations
- Keys to Overcoming Objections
- Making Lead Generation Work for Professional Services
- Truth and Lies in Professional Services Marketing
- Mastering Rainmaking Conversations
- How to Become a Thought Leader
- Networking for Professional Services: A Primer for Relationship Building
- Marketing Strategy, Planning, and Budgeting for Professional Services
- Five Drivers of Revenue Growth for Professional Services
- RAIN Selling: Keys to Leading Masterful Sales Conversations
Online Publications: Schultz blogs at RAIN Selling Blog and is the publisher of RainToday.com.
Articles: Schultz has authored over 150 articles on various topics of selling, sales leadership, and marketing.