Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a gift to Babson?
There are several ways to make a gift to Babson. The easiest is to click the “Give Now” button on the right of this page. Visit How To Give to learn more.
What is Babson’s fiscal year?
Babson’s fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30.
What does The Fund for Babson support?
The Fund for Babson provides the College with resources that it can use immediately to support students and faculty in the undergraduate and graduate programs. Typically, these funds support three broad, mission-critical areas:
- Scholarships and Fellowships. The Fund for Babson enables talented students to attend Babson, enrich life on campus, and use their Babson education to transform enterprises and communities around the globe.
- Faculty Excellence. The Fund for Babson supports our exceptional faculty, helping them provide the best mentorship to students, conduct the most groundbreaking research, and advance the teaching of entrepreneurship.
- Student Life. The Fund for Babson makes possible the many co-curricular activities that provide opportunities for students to build new connections, put classroom learning into practice, and acquire valuable skills for their careers.
However, you can direct your gift to any area you wish to support, whether it’s athletics, specific academic programs, or other aspect of the Babson experience that resonates with you.
What counts toward The Fund for Babson total?
Any gift that can be used during Babson’s fiscal year counts toward The Fund for Babson total. This does NOT include gifts to the endowment.
What is the difference between an annual gift and an endowed gift?
Annual gifts are used during Babson’s current fiscal year, while endowed gifts are invested and produce income that is used during the fiscal year.
May I direct my gift to the athletic team or academic program of my choice?
Yes. These gifts count toward The Fund for Babson’s total.
What are the tax benefits of making a gift to Babson?
All gifts to Babson are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. Babson provides donors with a tax receipt.
Does Babson offer a matching gift program?
Babson welcomes matching gifts. If your employer offers a matching gift program, you may be able to double or triple your gift to Babson. Contact your company’s Human Resources Office to obtain a matching gift form that you can submit with your gift to Babson.
How does my gift make a difference?
In addition to providing important funding for Babson, each gift to the College increases Babson’s participation rate. Participation is important for several key reasons:
- Publications such as U.S. News & World Report use alumni participation rates to determine college rankings
- Corporations and foundations consider participation when reviewing grant proposals
- Bond-rating agencies review participation to help determine the credit-worthiness of a college.
Babson counts on gifts of all sizes. Last year, 5,500 donors supported Babson with a gift of $500 or less, contributing more than $500,000 to the College.
Whom do I contact for more information about The Fund for Babson?
You may contact Diana Zais, Vice President of Development, by email or at 781-239-4382.