This academic year, Babson College welcomed the undergraduate Class of 2021 to campus—it’s most selective class to date.
- Applications reached 7,122—the third highest number of applications Babson has ever received. This is the third consecutive year that applications have surpassed 7,000.
- Babson admitted the most selective class in its history with a 24 percent acceptance rate, up from 25 percent in 2016.
- Women make up 52 percent of Babson’s Class of 2021, making it the second class in college history to be majority women. Babson was founded in 1919 as an all-male college and did not admit women until 1969.
“The class of 2021 is another impressive class coming into the Babson learning ecosystem,” Dean of the Undergraduate School
Ian Lapp. “With their diverse backgrounds, high academic achievements and multitude of talents they will greatly enrich our already vibrant community on campus.”
Access to a Babson Education
An integral part of the Class of 2021 are Babson’s many grant and scholarship recipients from all around the world.
Babson has selected 11
Global Scholars for the Class of 2021 from Brazil, Guatemala, Ghana, Pakistan, Somalia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, and Vietnam. The Babson Global Scholars Program was launched by President Kerry Healey in 2014. Each year, this program awards need-based scholarships to a highly talented group of international students. Recipients receive a four-year, full-tuition scholarship that includes special programming and support. These global scholars are dedicated to using their Babson education to improve their communities around the world.
In total, Babson has awarded $8.8 million in institutional grants and scholarships to its new first-year students, including:
More Enrollment Statistics
- Babson’s Class of 2021 come from 38 U.S. states and territories and 43 countries worldwide, joining the diverse undergraduate class representing 77 countries and 48 states and US territories in total.
- Seventy-seven percent of first year students come from outside New England, and 84 percent are from outside Massachusetts.
- Twenty-eight percent are international students. Forty-five percent are US students of color.
- The Class of 2021 had an average SAT score of 1,318, and a mean ACT score of 30.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
By Shannon Sweeny, firstname.lastname@example.org
, (781) 239-4621 |
10/2/2017 8:00 AM