Babson College’s Graduate School is among the "Business Schools Best for 'Green Business' Education", according to The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine. They salute Babson for:
- Green Curriculum: Babson offers more than a dozen green-themed classes, including Imagining Sustainability, Water in America and Social Responsibility in Malaysia.
- Bragging Rights: In 2010, Babson engaged GreenerU, an innovative, higher-education-focused energy and sustainability services company, to assist in establishing and operating the college's first dedicated Sustainability Office.
- Star Tree Hugger: BigBelly Solar, which makes solar-powered compacting trash cans, was partially founded by alum Jim Poss.
- Local Impact: Between 2005 and 2010, Babson reduced its electricity consumption by 19 percent and its fuel consumption by 15 percent.
- The View: From the Horn Library, you can see hundreds--if not thousands--of trees, including a descendent of Isaac Newton's apple tree.
They selected the schools based on a survey it conducted of administrators at 325 graduate schools of business in 2009-2010 and of students attending the schools. Administrators were surveyed on their school's academics, curricula, campus policies and student services related to sustainability, social responsibility and the environment. Students were polled on how well they felt their MBA programs were educating them for careers in "Green Business" fields.
The list is reported in the April 2011 Entrepreneur magazine and is posted athttp://www.entrepreneur.com/greenbizdegrees and www.princetonreview.com/business-schools-green.aspx.
Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., is recognized internationally as a leader in entrepreneurial management education. Babson grants BS degrees through its innovative undergraduate program, and grants MBA and custom MS and MBA degrees through the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College. Babson Executive Education offers executive development programs to experienced managers worldwide. For information, visit www.babson.edu.
By Nancy Sullivan, 781-239-4623, firstname.lastname@example.org
3/17/2011 12:00 AM