BABSON ROOM SCHEDULING
Guidelines to Scheduling Space at Babson
Babson College offers students, faculty and staff the opportunity to request space on campus to host events and activities related to the mission of the college. Any student, faculty or staff member can request space on campus through Babson's Virtual EMS System. Requests are automatically sent to the owner of the requested space, and these "space owners" approve or deny all requests.
Resources for Requesting Space:
- To log in, visit ems.babson.edu
- In order to access Virtual EMS, you will need a Babson ID and Password. If you are a current student, faculty, or staff member you should already have this information. If not, please contact ITSD at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 781-239-4357.
- Download the Virtual EMS Reference Guide. Please select the guide applicable to you: student guide or faculty and staff guide.
- Faculty and staff with Outlook, there is also an EMS plug-in (not Mac compatible) which will allow you to request rooms through Outlook. You'll find tips on using this plug in located in the EMS and Outlook Best Practices guide.
- From Virtual EMS you will be able to see which rooms are available, request them, choose your room setup, and request services such as facilities setup, catering, media services, and public safety.
- Here is a map of the spaces on campus that can be booked and a list of space owners who can approve requests for specific spaces.
- Here is a guide for setup types, so you can best choose the setup for the space you are requesting.
- Need help? Take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions for Virtual EMS.
- Learn quickly with our Reference Videos
- As part of requesting your space you are also responsible for ordering any necessary services such as setup (through facilities), media services and catering. You will find deadlines for ordering services at the bottom of this page.
Resources for Space Owners to Approve or Deny Space Requests:
- If you do not have the EMS Client installed on your desktop already, contact the Events Management Office so they can create your account and setup access to schedule the specific spaces that you will be scheduling.
- Then you will need to download and To find the file, copy and paste the following link into your browser
\\babson.edu\files\Employees\DIVSHARE\EMSOutlook. (Note: you must be logged into Babson's Network to access this file.) Once there, double click the file title "EMSClient.EXE" to start the installation. (Note: software works on PC only.)
- Once downloaded, the EMS Client will be on your desktop, open the software and login in using your Babson Username and the password provided by the Events Management Office.
- If you need help or have questions, please refer to the EMS Reference Guide for Space Owners. If you to see more comprehensive instructions for the software, you can download the EMS Client Complete User Manual.
- If you would like to learn about the EMS reporting functions, you can visit our EMS Reports Guide.
Deadlines for Ordering Services
Sodexo: All catering requests must be submitted no later than 7 business days prior to the date of your room reservation and must be done via the Babson online catering system www.babsoncatering.catertrax.com. If you would like to add catering to your event within 7 days, please call the catering department directly at 781-239-5259 to discuss your requirements.
Facilities: All facilities requests or updates must be submitted no later than 3 business days in prior to the date of your room reservation. If you have any changes or additions within 3 days of your event, please contact the Events Management Office at email@example.com or x5265. If you require immediate assistance after business hours, please contact public safety at x5555.
Media: All media requests must be submitted no later than 12 hours in advance of your room reservation. If you require media services, or have changes your request within 12 hours of your event, please contact IT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4357.
If you have any questions, please contact the Events Management Office at email@example.com or 781-239-5265.