Title: Activate: Pre-College Curriculum Program Mentor
Department: Lewis Institute
Reports to: Program Manager
Activate Babson's Pre-College Curriculum is a robust offering of tools, curriculum, and resources designed for high school educators to implement entrepreneurial programs within the classrooms of their own organizations. Our offering of resources, curriculum, and tools include:
- Professional development for educators to implement the curriculum and content into their programs
- Curriculum guide and student workbooks for classroom content delivery
- Activities for educators to do with student to connect the curriculum to student ventures
- Access to digital mentorship from Babson undergraduate students for the high school students participating in the program
- Access for two teams to compete in the Babson Boston Cup
- Opportunities to attend Babson entrepreneurial events and guest speakers on the Babson Campus
This entrepreneurial program culminates in a regional pitch competition held at Babson College April 28, 2018 where the winning team receives seed money, the Babson Boston Cup trophy in their school for one year, and bragging rights.
The role of the Program Mentor is to work as part of a 2-3 person mentor team that will work closely with one school and its teams of students to provide feedback and guidance on student ventures. Program mentors will schedule Google Hangout sessions with the teams to review their progress, connect the students to information, and prepare them to compete in the Babson Boston Cup.
- Connect weekly with the high school educational leader to determine where students are in the curriculum
- Work with the students in their teams to structure their venture ideas
- Communicate regularly with the students using Google Hangouts and emails
- Assemble discussion boards, class summaries, and sources that are helpful to the student's development of their venture ideas
- Provide feedback and guidance and connect students to information that will support with the development of their venture
- Support with the execution of the Babson Boston Cup event- April 28, 2018
- Other duties as necessary
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Experience working with youth in an organized and structured setting, preferably as a mentor or coach
- Ability to incorporate technology in facilitating a group dynamic
- Understanding of curriculum and lesson planning
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team dynamic
- Can manage personal schedule to include regular meeting times with student groups and regular communications with students and educator
Remote work required
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
An ability to transfer a passion for education and learning into an entrepreneurial thought and action organization.
For more information contact email@example.com or 781.239.6001.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.