Title: Student Intern
Department: Public Safety
Reports to: Police Sergeant-Shift Supervisor
Public Safety Department
Generally working under the supervision of a Police Sergeant, the Student Intern will perform a variety of service related assignments to the Babson Community along with other administrative and clerical duties.
· Provides transportation for students to off campus medical facilities for routine care and appointments.
· Provides on campus personal safety escorts and medical escorts to Health Services.
· When necessary, assists other Public Safety personnel in providing assistance to those locked out of their building, room or office.
· Provides assistance in in processing lost & found items by identifying and contacting owners and arranging for the pick up or delivery of their recovered property.
· Assists in the overall Parking Management program by performing a variety of clerical and administrative duties.
- Will perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties directly related to Public Safety’s training programs and the Certification and Accreditations program.
- Will assist in the coordination and scheduling of maintenance service and recordkeeping for Public Safety vehicles.
- Will perform other related duties as necessary.
Students will be asked to work hours during both day, 7am-3pm, and evening shifts, 3pm-11pm, based on their academic schedules and availability.
Experience, Skills & Abilities:
· Previous work experience is preferred especially on a college or university campus
· Must be an “Authorized “ driver based on the current standards in place on the Babson College campus
· Must be a licensed driver in good standing.