Development and Quality Assurance
The Application Development group at Babson supports ITSD's commitment to implement high-quality systems that meet or exceed customer expectations, reach completion within time and cost estimates, work effectively and efficiently in the current and planned information technology infrastructure, and are inexpensive to maintain and cost-effective to enhance.
Application Development Mission
Design and implement high-quality software at Babson
Achieving the Application Development Mission
- Follow the Babson Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Follow industry standards
- Adopt the latest tools to implement solutions
- Implement reusable software solutions
- Document software solutions
- Work with the PMO, Operations and Security
Application Development Services Provided
- Design software solutions
- Implement software solutions
- Integrate with external software solutions
- Support and maintain software solutions
Impact of the Application Development group
- Babson's software needs are met in an efficient and effective manner.
- Babson’s departments can focus on business processes and not worry about software.
The Quality Assurance Department works with various teams and departments within ITSD to ensure that IT-related projects meet high standards and the requirements of the Babson community. The QA team is the quality control arm primarily responsible for providing quality control testing, software testing, and feedback throughout the software development cycle of various IT projects and initiatives.
The QA Mission
To minimize product defects, increase the quality and to enhance the user experience of products developed by Babson.
Achieving the QA Mission
Conducting a series of inspections, reviews, tests, and feedback throughout the life cycle of various projects and initiatives.
Scope and Services Provided
- Testing daily and weekly application builds
- Documenting bugs and issues
- Maintaining test plans, scenarios, and scripts
- Executing test scripts to ensure that quality software is provided for release to production
- Requirement specifications and documentation