How to Create a New Faculty Profile
Log in to SharePoint. See
How to Login to SharePoint for instructions.
Navigate to the
Faculty Profiles subsite.
At the top right of the page click the gear icon to open the dropdown menu and select
Add a page.
An Add a page dialog box will appear. Enter the page name using the site standards:
- Use all lower case letters
- No special characters like apostrophes, commas, @, &, *, et. al.
- Use the faculty member’s last name, then first name – no middle name or initial – e.g. “smith john”
- SharePoint will automatically place a hyphen (“-”) between words to eliminate spaces
SharePoint will take you directly into the page you’ve created and you’ll be in Edit mode, with the page checked out.
You now need to change the layout of the page so that it fits the Faculty Profiles format. In the ribbon go to
Page > Page Layouts and select the
FacultyBioPageContentTypeV2 layout (the second one that says “Faculty Bio Page”).
Enter the specific faculty information into the fields in the page:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Faculty Academic Suffix (e.g., “CPA”)
- Faculty Official Title
- Faculty Status (if a division chair, etc.)
- Page Content 1 = descriptive paragraphs. See
How to Edit and Style a Page for instructions on adding text to a page.
- Faculty Profile Picture. See
Inserting Images for instructions on uploading an image to SharePoint.
- Faculty Education
- Academic Division (can select more than one)
- Areas of Expertise (can select more than one—open a
support ticket if you need new items listed)
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
In the ribbon click
Save to make sure your edits are saved.
Update the Short Title and Long Title fields under
Edit Properties so you will be able to publish the page. Go to
Page tab and select
Edit Properties under the
Edit Properties icon.
SharePoint will prefill the
ShortTitle field with the page name (e.g. “smith john”). These following properties fields should be corrected/filled:
- Short Title (page title, e.g. John Smith—first name, then last name)
- Long Title (page title | section title, e.g. “John Smith | Faculty Profiles”)
- Meta Description (sentence of 165 words maximum, e.g. “John Smith is a faculty member of the Marketing Division at Babson College.”)
Click Save once you are done.
Save and Publish the page by selecting the
Publish tab and the
Publish button. After publishing, the page will be visible to all users. No other user will be able to see the page until it is published for the first time.
Once the page has been published, the faculty member will appear in the Faculty Listing page search tool.
The Faculty Profile is now automatically added to the Division Faculty page; the only exception is the TOIM Division which needs have its profile links added manually. If the faculty member who’s profile you are creating is in the TOIM Division please visit the
division page and follow instructions on
How to Create a Link.