How to Create a New Sub Site
Once you’ve logged in, use the ribbon to navigate to the Manage Content and Structure page by clicking the gear next to your name and selecting
Content and Structure
Navigate to the site within which you would like to create a sub site.
Hover over the parent site > Click arrow for dropdown menu >
Title your new subsite, use your new title as the url (lowercase letters separated by hyphens).
Hover over your new “default” page > click on the arrow for the drop down menu >
Edit Page Settings
This is you new subsite’s homepage, its name mut be changed from “default” to “home”
Your new subsite has now been created. Make sure you visit our instructions on how to create a new page before you begin working.
If the page has been successfully published but you can’t see it in the left side navigation after refreshing the page, you may need to change the navigation settings. Below the instructions are outlined briefly, if you need more detailed instructions you visit our guide.
- Navigate to the specific page or section
- On the Settings Page select
Look and Feel >
- In the Current Navigation section, make sure the settings are:
- Display the current site... [radio button selected]
- Show subsites [box checked]
- Show pages [box checked]
- In the Navigation Editing and Sorting section you should see all pages listed
- Click on
OK to save the settings