Photos MUST conform to precise guidelines. Do not cut photos. Measurements refer to “image” size, not entire photo size.
Use of digital images: digital cameras may be used if the camera has sufficient resolution (capable of capturing and storing images with 1 million pixels (1 megapixel) or more).
- Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open
- Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm)
- Center head within frame (see Figure 2 below)
- Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from bottom of photo
- Photograph subject against a plain white or off-white background
- Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
- Encourage subject to have a natural expression
Passport/Immigration Photo Locations
- CVS 65 Central Street, Wellesley 781-237-2520
- I-Copy 298 Washington Street, Wellesley 781-237-7676
- Scoby’s Camera 1029 Great Plain Avenue, Needham 781-444-8440
- Newtonville Camera &Video 249 Walnut Street, Newton 617-965-1240
- Paradise Photo & Video 21 Main Street, Natick Center 508-655-9288
- Newton MotoPhoto Portrait Studio 739 Beacon Street, Newton Center 617-630-5289